1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by slowzx6, Mar 24, 2015.

1. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Thats Tommy Aquino with Dane...:(

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Ahhh.... thanks!

3. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

That picture just hit me hard. Two of the most life loving people you could meet, both gone. This has been a shitty day. Dane has been on my mind all day. The more it soaks in the more it hurts to realize.

Picture saved, going on the background of my phone.

4. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Crushing new with Dane...I was blessed enough to spend a bunch time with him when he came to a bunch of Yamaha Schools the last few years. I was so blown away with how much he was his own man. He showed up to NJMP in some sort of old vehicle contraption that he "picked up" at some point. (I missed getting a pic of that one) When he showed up to Miller to ride with us, he said he going to going to bring his pedal bike so he could do some riding with us and out in Calif...This picture pretty much says it all. He came out with his pedal bike alright....And that's what was so cool about Dane, he was in no way going to let mainstream affect who he was. He was Dane doing things Dane's way and many of us could learn a lesson or 2 from that. #00, you are your spirit will be missed.....

Ken

Attached Files:

5. Steve C

Steve C Mostly working.

Sad news. He had the right stuff.
    Rest easy.
    Steve C.

6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Thats why I liked Dane , he was a motorcycle guy, it wasnt all about the latest, greatest machinery. He was a motorcycle enthusiast as well as a racer. I always got the feeling he just enjoyed much more of the sport of motorcycling than most of the rest of the paddock which I can relate to. Im sure when he jumped on that Hawk last night it brought back some kind of memory and probably made him grin. Cool dude, "and the sideburns dont hurt either"

7. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

Will miss seeing him on track for sure :(

8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:up: thank you.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I was fortunate enough to take Colin's boot camp with Dane in 11/11. He was the one guy who would take whatever time to talk with the old guys just out trying to live out the dreams of our youth. A very laid-back guy and so easy to get to know. I was a fan from that point on. This news is just terrible. I feel so bad for his folks and friends like Chuck Giachetto. I hope the racing community comes up with a fitting tribute for Dane, I, for one, would like to support in some small way.

10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Ugh. I read this thread this morning. Took the bike out this afternoon. Thought of him. The fucking devistation that a rider of his caliber could go the way he did. I love riding on the street but it's dangerous. So dangerous. If a guy like that, a guy that's an artist on a bike, a guy that can do things on a bike that only I can dream of can go like that, it makes you think. It gives you pause. Stay safe out there everyone.

Fuck.

Rip.

11. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

terrible news, Dane was humble in a sport of giants and a hugely talented racer and rider. I especially appreciated his love for life and his willingness to work as hard as it took to get the job done. He will be greatly missed.

godspeed Dane

12. 418

418 Expert #59

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:( RIP Dane. Your family and friends will be in our thoughts.

14. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

:( :mad: :( :Puke:

time to trim the beard. i will rock the 'burns all season

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Godspeed racer you will be missed :(

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Are you sure? Looks like Josh to me.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nawh too tall.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

? It doesn't look like Tommy to me. :confused:

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Godspeed

David

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've been kinda melancholy all day between this and I put my yellow Lab to sleep yesterday. Was already sad over the dog and then got on and saw this about Dane. I never met him but from everything I've seen and read I know he was a great guy. Not a very good start to the week. :(