1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

CBRRRRR999 and brex like this.
  2. rwdfun

rwdfun

This right here. F1 getting all high and mighty with Andretti but they have Williams who can’t figure out how to make a 3rd chassis when they were already making 2 in the off season and Haas F1 which is a complete shit organization. Maybe F1 should employ ESL hierarchy bottom teams need to get relegated so they are motivated to not sit fat and happy at the bottom

fastedyamaha likes this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Albon scored 27 points last year; Logan scored one.

That is enough justification for me to agree on the switch.

Since 2004, the FIA has not allowed teams to have spare cars.

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I dont see how this is even a discussion? If it was Red Bull you better believe Max would be in the car, if this was the Lewis/Valterri days, Lewis would be in the car. Most teams have a clear #1 and 2. For Williams, the chance of getting even a single point is far more important than Logan's feelings.

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

While I feel for Logan I also think he should try to suck less if he wants to do this job.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well if Albon wanted to race maybe he shouldn’t have bounced his car off a wall. Seems to me Williams should be penalized for having a spare car for Albon since apparently that’s all Logan’s car is to Williams. I thought having a spare care was against the rules.

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I am going to laugh if Albon wads the car up.
    It's like Pecco wadding up both of his bikes and the team telling Martin to grab some pine, Pecco is taking your bikes.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think its a spare chassis, not car. So, they have to switch everything over to make a new car.

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Max with a crispy right rear brake.

CBRRRRR999 and Photo like this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

These commercial breaks are so incredibly annoying... ESPN is going to get a strongly worded letter. :rtfrb:

You can't put in a 4 minute commercial break and "return to the same spot in the action" during a live event. WTF. :mad:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  11. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well Albon got as many points as Sargent did and that’s with Max and both Mercs not finishing. To be clear Albon is night and day better than Albon, but if you race for a team that’s so incompetent to not be able to support a backup chassis then the racer making the mistake should pay the price not his teammate.

Yeah I think teams are allowed to have a spare chassis. What I was getting at is, Williams apparently had a full spare car built for Albon. They were just letting Sargent use it. Unless they only used Sargent chassis and swapped all the parts over from Albon’s car, they should be penalized. Anyone know if they wrenched all night to swap parts?

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

It’s not live now. Ran at midnight EDT. Get out of here unless you want spoilers

CBRRRRR999, CRA_Fizzer and Photo like this.
  13. thrak410

There were no commercials during the midnight broadcast?

:blart::D

stk0308 likes this.
  14. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

no sky (ESPN)runs commercial free .

15. thrak410

Well then theres something funky going on, cuz my recording of the race (ESPN feed) is littered with commercials...

16. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

live is commercial free.The rebroadcast has commercials.

17. rwdfun

rwdfun

Are you watching an actual recording or on demand. The streaming services make it seem like it’s your exclusive recording but really it’s on demand for everyone. If you started watching it after ESPN started the reairing this morning you’re probably watching the on demand of that not the original.

thrak410 likes this.
  18. thrak410

I hear you, that must be it. But we've had hulu live for years now and this is the first time I've gone into My Stuff/Recordings and been given an on-demand feed. That does make sense though. It sucks!! lol

BTW - am I the only one wondering how Ferrari was going to screw it up? LOL ... been a long time since a Ferrari 1-2 :D LOL @ Sainz saying he suggests all the drivers remove their appendix in the winter. :crackup:

Also, interesting post race penalty on Alonso ...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...alonso-cop-a-20-second.4jGPYK1giJqk4P7624Qkqu

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    Photo likes this.
  19. rwdfun

rwdfun

I had Hulu live for a few years and the recently YouTube TV but have dropped all live after the Football season since all my other local sports teams are trash. YouTubeTV.com has a glitch right now. They’ll let you watch 20 mins live TV online then you can get a free trial or sign up. For some reason the 20 mins never ends for me. I’ve been watching March madness for free but just couldn’t keep my eyes open for the whole live F1 race.

As I’ve said. Take Max out of the equation and the racing is pretty decent. Even last year with Red Bull being dominant, it’s actually interesting racing from 2nd back. Just pen Max in for the win and ignore him being 20 seconds up the road. If you do that, Ferrari looks pretty decent. Probably why Lewis bolted.

I only watched a quick clip of the Russel crash and thought he screwed up going for it. I wish they’d assess more of these type of penalties. Weaving in the braking zones and brake checking faster cars behind to impede them has happened for far too long. All the drivers know they get a few warnings but never results in anything. Wonder if Alonso will call his good friend Sulayem to get the penalty reversed.

thrak410 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!