1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Waldo Pepper

Waldo Pepper Active Member

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Genius!

3. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

That's pretty clever!

4. rwdfun

rwdfun

There’s a decent LEGO one too but these are better IMO

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Toto was quoted as telling Lewis to get a good look at what the rear wing of the Mercedes looks like because that’s all he was going to be seeing next year in the Ferrari :crackup::crackup::crackup:

quikie, HPPT and thrak410 like this.
  6. Waldo Pepper

I love the voices they use as well as the permanent abs on George. If you get bored, watch some of the older ones. Hilarious.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Speaking of voices, I can't even watch the highlights on Youtube any longer because that Brit announcer is literally screaming the entire time. Annoying!

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

9. Waldo Pepper

If you came over my house to watch paint dry on my walls I would assume that me screaming a description of what you are seeing would make it more exciting. No?

:D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Logan Sargeant crashes already crashed chassis in P1. You can't make this up!

12. YamahaRick

Did you hear? Williams is NOT the only team without a spare chassis.

13. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Anyone else love it when Stroll doesn't do well? Daddy's money can't buy talent.

crashman likes this.
  14. YamahaRick

I kinda feel sorry for him. Daddy vicariously dreaming the dream via his son. The Ruskie that drove for Hass was the one I didn't want on the track.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

He was terrible.

16. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

17. rwdfun

rwdfun

Old news but that seems like a possibility. They already blamed the lack of spare parts in moving away from the Excel system

As long as they didn’t go to SAP. How programming houses continue to dupe companies into using it, amazes me. Took us about 8 years to implement with 3 or 4 reboots. Our senior “leadership” team was too embarrassed to publish any costs but my old GM who has some inside info figured it was close to $100 million. Oddly enough. After the move I gained access to a couple CAPEX reporting tools which showed $20mil over the last 2 years of implementation. Frustrating because every time we ask for funds locally, they make us jump through hoops for chump change. Our company is the definition of penny wise and pound foolish

FUCK SAP

YoshiHNS, YamahaRick and brex like this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I had a place wanting to throw money at me to come "fix their IT organization" three years ago.
    Got to third interview, talking about the infrastructure and systems.
    "We are a SAP HANA shop". I asked how married to it they are, they don't want to entertain moving away.
    Cool, discussions are over. Thanks, but I withdraw.

YoshiHNS and YamahaRick like this.
  19. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

You guys are killing me. My current place is being forced to transition off an old version of Oracle to SAP. We are a year behind switching over. Its going so well, we came up with a new catch phrase for any problem. "Don't worry, SAP will fix it."
    I told my sister if she moves back i could get her a position. Once she heard we were going to use SAP, she said no thanks.

CBRRRRR999, YamahaRick and brex like this.
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

SAP and SalesForce are like the end of the road. I've never heard or seen a good experience with either. I have no idea how they're still around,