1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

3. DrA5

Ricciardo is done. If he can't be handing Yuki his ass every round as a multi-race winner, it shows it was more the car than driver talent.

quikie likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He embarrassed a 4-time world champ in the same car.

5. DrA5

That was then, this is now.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You said…
    What years was that about? Seems to me you were talking about "then"…

I know you don't let facts get in the way of a good piece of hate but come on, your own words. :)

7. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

motion likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

There's no way a F2 driver that races all over the world can go to school full time.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

I have no idea if that was fake or not but I would be surprised to learn he wasn’t privately tutored in his downtime at the tracks at least after the race season started. Also, I noticed the ratio of girls to guys at that school was noticeable high. If I was a high school boy in the UK I’d be transferring to that school immediately.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you ever looked at the schedule? There's plenty of time to go to school. Sometimes there are a couple of months between races.

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

He left school a while ago and lives in Italy.

MrGooch and HPPT like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't have an answer for you.

dobr24 likes this.
  15. rwdfun

rwdfun

This war between F1 and FIA, as the Brits say, is hotting up. Not sure who started it but it appears from the outside that F1 thinks they are too important to be treated like all the other FIA sanctioned series. F1 thinks the FIA needs them more than they need the FIA, which may be true now. However, IMO, being FIA sanctioned legitimized F1 back in the early days and now that F1 has some power they are trying to push back on the FIA. F1 questioning FIA transparency and accountability is the pot calling the kettle black.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

The more I hear about the current F1 circus, the better I am with my decision to say screw it and not bother anymore. What a shitshow....

DrA5 likes this.
  17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

So you're Logan Sargent :crackup:

18. DrA5

The rules need to allow for each driver to have a back up car again. This is ridiculous. Yes, one partially built chassis is allowed for use. Yes, Williams didn't have one for economic reasons. But, for the sponsors and teams to be putting that much money into the sport, having only one car competing because of something like this is unacceptable.

If they feel Sargent can't score points, why is he even on the team? If Albon crashed out, shouldn't Albon be sitting?

Regardless, back up cars. One for each driver. This is supposed to be the highest level of motorsports. Instead, it looks like some kind of SCCA Arrive and Drive team doing P2 class.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I agree totally. They don't have any spares there that they could have used to rebuild his crashed car due to lack of funds. So Logan loses out. I hope Albon destroys this car too and they don't get to race at all this weekend. Yet Andretti was denied entry for some BS reasons and this happens to one of the most storied teams ever?

DrA5 likes this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Formula1 is just a country club race series. The highest level of motorsport is WEC and IMSA. More interesting, better racing, better overall group of drivers, etc.
    There are 3-4 drivers in F1 that are the best of the best, but that is about it. Overall competition is boring as fuck, the cars are as well.