1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

So, if "that guy" causes another race incident at Barber...can we officially start a red mist thread :D

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Maybe you weren’t going fast enough

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Not possible! Im pretty awesome,and I learned to lie waay before the internet and youtube pages/ stunting shit show.Just ask me! I can make a 16 min video if you want?

4. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Well bless your heart

How’d I do?? Lol

Michael Hausknecht and ToofPic like this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

There was a time I’d stick up for him always, but just can’t anymore. Was at his very first tire test when he was there with Graves at 15 years old. Impressed me immediately, and I was a fan. Lately, especially last year, not so much. I know he wants to stand on the top box again, and prove he still has it, but sometimes, I wish he would just zip it.

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Much too direct like you're from fucking Jersey. This particular saying is more like a woman that needs some wineing and dining and kissin and shit before the big reveal.

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

So because you've never had pads knocked back, it isn't plausible? Guess it must have never happened to me. I simply forgot to hit the brakes at the top of the hill. o_O Perhaps I'm not being clear, in that I'm not defending Herrin's record. My guess is that he did something ill advised to get himself in that spot to begin with. That said, reduced braking after that incident is still plausible to me. Pads knocked back or not, dirt on the track, simply delayed reaction to hit the brakes because he was busy having a heart attack. I don't however think he was trying to dive bomb the corner. And...someone said he braked to the same rate as everyone else? I've watched that a bunch of times, and he wouldn't have been through the trap at that speed had he got the thing down to 'normal' speed. Talking about pads getting knocked back, who was it at Barber a few years back, who ended up at the wall in T1 due to loss of brakes?

8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Josh is our NASCAR Dale Earnhardt Sr...
    You either love or hate him.
    Which I actually like... we need some colorful people...
    Look we are still talking about him a week after the races! Even bad press is "good press".

9. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'll agree we need personalities, but I don't know that the comparison with Earnhardt is a good one. Someone that takes reckless chances, or shows poor judgement in a car, is a heck of a lot less dangerous than bikes. JH4 isn't a corporate robot, and he's a great draw for the sport, but he doesn't have a habit of doing stupid things and blaming it on everyone else.

10. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

This goes against EVERYTHING Motoamerica stands for. Promoting top up and coming talent. You don't get more than this kid

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

... i'd say he went through the gravel trap because had he NOT stood it up, and had that lucky gap between JG and CB, he woulda taken one or both of em out. He went in there faster, because he stood it up and let off the brakes to make the gap. again, JUST my opinion.

but hey, we are BOTH armchair'ing it, so lets both try and stop assuming much of anything, and just call it like it is. I think what i think, you think what you think, and everyone else has an opinion as well. so we can all just agree, to disagree ;)

KneeDragger_c69, cbush and ToofPic like this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Well, I think we can agree that his reputation kind of leads to an assumption of guilt. On a positive note, I couldn't be more happy to see someone at least pushing Gagne, and it was great to see Cam B on the top step.

13. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

It does. I'm not a racer and my POV as a spectator is JH2 is fun to watch, but I wouldn't want to be on the track with that guy. I was at his first AMA win at Laguna Seca a long damn time ago ('07 I think) and he's had a long damn time to not turn into a hothead at the worst possible moment. He's not there yet.

418, motion and TLR67 like this.
  14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

He's had plenty long and plenty of opportunities to change if he was going to do so. We can all wish as much as we want that a talented rider will develop some better skills in other areas to make a well rounded, likeable compeititor. It is not going to happen. He is who he is. Thirty or forty years from now when he gets gray like a lot of us, he may mellow somewhat, but that is a function of aging and innocence vs experience - not of being aware that you can be an ass and you need to change your current modus operendi. Thinking that he will change in between races or even seasons is like thinking you're going to win the lottery next week . . . there's a whole lotta desire for it to happen, but it's the same next week, and the next . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

TLR67 likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. 418

418 Expert #59

I LMFAO when she interviewed the fans live and of course had to pick a guy with a huge FUCK cancer Tshirt. :crackup:

Screenshot_20230430_114105_YouTube.jpg

17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

FYI - Over three days I drove (at the track) 77.8 miles picked up 21.5 bikes, got debris at turn 8, one lap to drop off canopies, one lap to look for missing flags, and picked up a bike from the Harley Davidson parade lap on Saturday and one on Sunday.

18. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

He is wasted in that class though. Most promising US rider I would say. He should be in SSP. Priority one for MA

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Parade lap crashes?

20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He had to lay her down to prevent a worse crash? :crackup:

stickboy274 likes this.