1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Since December, I downloaded some app to my phone. I put it to the test at the Oyster Pub (The official eatery of the Sea Dunes) and it didn't work.
    Regarding Applebee's, anyone who knows Tom Fournier knows that he is very fussy and very anal when he worked on his bike. This is why I was a little surprised when he steered us to Applebee's. The two Florida locations I went to in the past couple of years have gone downhill in service and quality. A quick text to Tom confirmed that he feels the same way. The Cheers theme in their commercials is lame.

[​IMG]

G 97 and koth442 like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Into turn 3 was the first braking zone, 4 is the first left handed. Lots of cold tire crashes in 4 (guilty).

I made a lot of my passes into turn 9. Might have pissed off a few riders when I came screaming up the inside of them and dynamited the binders before throwing it in! :D

27 likes this.
  3. Johnny B

That's a given with Bike Week. I am blessed with an IHOP and a 7-Eleven right across the street from me. Both are 24-7. I can look right out my dining room window and see if there is a line outside of IHOP.
    I adjust my feeding times accordingly. Full kitchen in my apartment allows me to nuke up frozen entrees from the 7-Eleven and their coffee is pretty damn good.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You looking to get lynched by the DD Mafia when you get back to Duxbury?

5. Johnny B

I'm sippin' on a Dunkie's as I type this. DD was a bit down the street in Daytona and I did stop there every time I was walking back from Main St.
    I even have their t shirt. "Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
    But for a quick trip it was 7-Eleven.

pickled egg likes this.
  6. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

IIRC That FUSA bike parts in the tree was from Dave Sadowski's LeBelle Honda. It hit the tree so hard that Michael Martin who was leading) turned around to see what happened.

G 97, JBall, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

How fitting... I was just reading some Ski stories... takes a real talent to do that for sure.

418 likes this.
  8. Johnny B

Wasn't he racing for a Keystone Team in 1996? (A different one from the team Eric Wood rode for.)

9. 418

418 Expert #59

I remember that crash on TV but didn't remember what track. I think Ski lost his brakes.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's not a 50+ year old seasoned media professional. He's a bike builder, crew chief, whatever. Not a media pro.

I'm good with your daughter being like that too, more people should be brutal. :D

cav115, stk0308 and koth442 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay on the app thing - that is the entire point of scanning the QR code, to get the app and the menu and be all covid safe. Why didn't you guys just do that?

I get the service sucked and all that but that one part I don't understand.

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

cause old people only have flip phones and are stubborn as a mule

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

These days the old people are the ones that developed the tech :D

DaveB likes this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Hey, I resemble that remark... :crackup:

15. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

the first or second? please dont say both :)

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Jimmy Moore found this out. Damn near killed him.

You on the other hand always rolled off way early.:crackup::D

Boman Forklift and 27 like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Haven’t thought of him or the Corona Suzuki team in years...

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was only there one time... I remember most of the faster experts could get through 1 ok, not as many through 2 and nearly none could use the brakes properly;) or throw the bike around in the back... fun times

Which yahoo thought it’d be a good idea to “dig holes” or whatever the hell you nutbags call it?!? Doesn’t that make for a field full of ankle breaking tire trenches? They suppose to be mini Paul Bunyun axe drags or something?!? Or his Ox blue’s hoof marks?!

Man... you really know how to pick your spot Dern... you can’t even claim to just be born there. :D

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

You just call him limp wristed?!?

He is from Maine so anytime his bike would make an Rrrrr sound he probably backed off as he’s not used to hearing that :D

Maybe he needs some Iowa corn husking practice? :Poke:

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Of course it does but the food is much worse!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022