1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about Masters?

Discussion in 'General' started by APO2112, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

RTFRB....

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you protested anyone for an aftermarket master?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With fuel it’s easy to cheat your way around the rules if you really wanted to. All it takes is knowing the right people, knowing the rules, wanting to get around the rules and the cash.

Mandate spec oil and there is ways around that if you wanted to.

I do think you do need to change the no names on the back of your leathers as a novice. That shit is ‘tarded. :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. ScubaSteve666

ScubaSteve666 Member

As per the rule book, I’m unable to. I can only contest a class I run, and since I have an aftermarket master, I don’t run superstock. This doesn’t mean I don’t race against the same people that also run superstock with the same bike… that have aftermarket an MC…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noles19 likes this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The Beep sure has a short memory so here we go again. Over 20 years ago race orgs (AMA Pro, BSB, WSS, WSStock, etc.) felt the Superstock/supersport classes should appeal to street riders with very similar looking bikes and tires that they were using on the street. That meant that some of them required you to run head light stickers to make the bikes look more street like. And take a look at some of the WSS bikes today.

So you can't fault Mongo for aligning WERA with the others and following that trend. And from a tire standpoint BECAUSE the top series were developing/improving/using DOTs you were getting top shelf highly developed DOT tires. Sure back then you had to buy a set of slicks and a set of DOTs if you were racing both types of classes but aren't you glad the big series switched over to slicks/rains years ago? So stop beating a dead horse and move on.

But wait this is the Beep so forget my last sentence.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

That's basically what LRRS was doing, at the end you could run a limited selection of Sunoco canned fuel, or fuel from the NHMS pumps, nothing else. The testing was sensitive enough that canned Sunoco would fail if you let it sit for a few months.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So then you have nothing whatsoever to complain about. Got it.

So why are you bitching about rules in classes you don't run? Just something to do when bored at work?

BTW - Your assertion that WERA does not enforce the rule is absolutely incorrect. We do enforce it.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

2009? I think.

9. Ducti89

Listen, Im not sure after market master cylinders are gonna make you guys cash in on the Pirelli Bounty Program. Just sayin:D

APO2112 likes this.
  10. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

It's been interesting sitting back for a few hours watching the fallout. I honestly could care less which way the rule may go. My bike is very stock and completely C/SS legal. I also am 100% aware that ALL lack of speed on my part is from ME. So adding more parts is a waste at this point. I think at the heart of any rule discussion is enforcement. Like some have said, why have a rule of it's openly ignored. Running SS is an economical choice for folks with one bike. If B SS or B SBK actually had 750's, those wouldn't be an option for the average 600 rider, so then you'd be running one class: C SBK (if you cared about the rules, which is the point of this topic).

It seems most folks here believe the responsibility is on the competitors, rather than the organization. From a shear numbers stand point it make sense that WERA Officials can't be everywhere or see everything. Competitors need to police themselves in my opinion. However, couldn't we do a podium compliance inspection? That seems doable right? One knowledgeable individual does a quick visual on the bike for the obvious things and like you said: it's only 5 races...

The only reason I shook this tree was to see what would fall out. It's been interesting so far.

11. Ducti89

I thought WERA did a superstock post race exam. Other orgs do for Supersport/Stock.

12. ScubaSteve666

ScubaSteve666 Member

I follow the rules but others don’t have to? It shouldn’t matter the class. I made my decision to not run it because of the rule, and not wanting to find OEM parts on a bike I purchased as is. And it’s the only classes that have any sort of actual contingency.

What is WERA’s level of enforcement? Only acknowledge protests from other riders? Riders that you can clearly see would be shunned by half the paddock for protesting a M/C?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So your complaint was just to start shit? Well thanks for wasting my time on a day when I'm playing catch up after three weekends in a row. It's really fun.

When is the last time you went to a C Superstock podium?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Weird, I remember the TL shock stuff but nothing about a Duc one.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Wait...you raced?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where have I ever said anything where you'd come to the conclusion I support people breaking rules? That's all in your head.

As a new rider you're not chasing OEM contingency so that is a moot point. BTW - those riders winning that contingency, some of whom set track records on their SS machines, yeah they run stock masters...

Ahhhhhh, so now we should tear down all SS classes because someone is worried they'll make a cheater mad. Yeah, doesn't work that way. Our level of enforcement is we enforce the rules. Not sure how there are different levels there.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do occasionally but not every SS class every race.

Ducti89 likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What ever happened with the TL rear suspension brew-ha-ha? Everyone just race super bike?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, I let them change out the shock mount to allow a real shock.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Great bike if you were taller and a bit heavier. They tried killing me even standing near ‘em. :crackup:

Never got to try one with a real rear on one.