1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about Masters?

Discussion in 'General' started by APO2112, Aug 3, 2021.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

ask for the corner workers to wave the blue flag for ya on the first lap too... coming thru the grid hot!!! :):rtfrb::D

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

For reference - LRRS, er, NEMRR dropped spec fuel rules this year. Too much of a PITA to enforce.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So aftermarket master cylinders this week, then aftermarket slipper clutches next week. Next month it might be wheels. Then what?
    There has to be a line somewhere. That line is currently at master cylinders. And yes, an aftermarket master can make a difference, especially 10-15 years ago when Suzuki had so many issues with theirs.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

For the right price? Sure.

5. ScubaSteve666

ScubaSteve666 Member

Right. So sign up for the class in order to protest it. I don’t get the issue. Make WERA actually enforce an easily enforceable rule that they time and time again say they won’t change. Which is fine.

It’s as easy as your tech form saying you’re signing up for a stock machine.
    “Is this the bike you’re using for the stock class?”
    “Yes.”
    “You have an aftermarket M/C.”

Granted this is coming from a new guy perspective. I’ve only raced this season, but I’ve done basically every SE round and I see it every round. Why make a rule just to not enforce it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ScubaSteve666

ScubaSteve666 Member

Slippers are legal, aren’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Let's not forget K&N air filters I believe was the DQing phase too at one time.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

I think you mistakenly believe that aligning Moto America rules with WERA rules will somehow fall in favor of WERA...

Also just run the SBK class. It's really not that difficult. When I raced that's the reason I ran the SBK classes. I didn't have the budget to have a full-blown superbike but it eliminated any doubt.

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Why not ban Master Cylinders all together... make everyone go Fred Flintstone and hot glue Ferodo brake pads to the bottom of their boots ? That should level up the playing field . Then sell VIP seating at turn one for $500. A pop . :D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

My first journey out to NHMS to run an LRRS event, I did something stupid and read the fucking rulebook, only to discover that LRRS did not permit 17” wheel conversions on FZR400’s in the SS class.

So I packed a pair of 18” wheels with DOT and rains. Swapped and adjusted between SS and SB classes, and competed legally in both classes.

11. pickled egg

Oh, so now you’re advocating for a spec brake “shoe”, huh?

Will tech inspection be prying the pads off the feet of the competitors to ensure someone didn’t throw a set of EBC’s on?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, but you're special.

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I use to carry stock exhaust for D, and C production.
    Every now and then someone would run one of those classes with a race exhaust.Not going to hide from that one!

pickled egg likes this.
  14. pickled egg

Is it that obvious?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You've done an admirable job of trying, but you just can't hide special.

16. pickled egg

Curses! Foiled again!

17. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Oh .. so now you are advocating that everyone start reading the rule book ? .. you are a Monster :D

Edit ; a Special Monster

pickled egg, TurboBlew and Ducti89 like this.
  18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ahhhh the old master cylinder chat. An age old debate.

Almost as good as someone in here trying to convince Mongo about a Ducati shock mount that was needed for safety.

And then there was the old double bubble debate.

If its superstock/sport, race it that way. Thats the interesting part. If youre Broome and cant help yourself, then superbike:D

Gorilla George and TurboBlew like this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Nice statement, but I doubt that it is true. You really think that more than half of the grid has aftermarket masters? I also don't know that "nobody cares", but they may not be filing protests. If the MC doesn't make a difference in lap times, then why do some people "need" them?
    Blaming WERA for the lack of enforcement on the MC rule is misplaced. I am all for placing blame where it rightfully belongs, so blame the competitors who are not protesting an obvious infraction.
    How many illegal bikes in your classes have you protested?

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I used to swap front ends on my Hawk back in the day so I could race SS. Yes, I also read the freaking rule book. lol

pickled egg likes this.