1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about Masters?

Discussion in 'General' started by APO2112, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Yes - as long as it came with a Slipper Clutch OEM...and you haven't changed it to an aftermarket one.

2. Exactly. :D

Never have to worry about chickenshit parts, and you can do whatever you want to your bike. I think the SB classes are awesome.

motoracer1100 and TurboBlew like this.
  3. ScubaSteve666

ScubaSteve666 Member

“Clutch may be changed to a slipper clutch.” Suggests anything aftermarket is legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I have to admit, it's been a long time since I read the rulebook(or raced).

5. Ok, then its changed since I last read it. My bad.

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

If its oem in the bike. When I raced my 08 Honder, that bike didnt have one. So I had to blip the throttle in superstock classes.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What if you want to put a standard clutch in your OEM slipper clutch equipped bike? Seriously. Or you want to change the spring for tuning of the slipper? Is an HRC spring legal for SS on a Honda?

What about brake rotors? I can destroy a set of stock Honda rotors and aftermarket can be less expensive. Does Vesrah even make rotors any more? Do they make them for CBRs?

8. ScubaSteve666

ScubaSteve666 Member

Apparently rules have changed. Just like they should do with the master, or enforce the rule. Lol

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

pretty sure CBRs are only raced in the mini classes... :)

10. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Cheater!
    Although, I guess it doesn’t matter if there’s no one else racing in V8.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because one is enforceable and one is not. This isn't rocket science or hard to understand. There is not hole in the argument because it is not remotely about just cost nor has it ever been just about cost. The cost thing is only ever brought up as the sole reason by those who want the rules changed.

Give me one good reason why we should allow aftermarket master cylinders in the 5 classes that restrict them of our more than 30 that run every weekend.

I'm also curious, why should we even bother with SS classes? What's the point since every single time we allow something a vocal handful of riders immediately wants more?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There was never an actual fight over double bubbles or slicks. The smart racers knew how to push fairing ears together and make the center of a windscreen taller, there was a tiny handful of those who couldn't figure it out or those who got free windscreens who complained. The tire thing was never even a real conversation.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

‘Cause if you don’t change it some jizz mop will sue you!

Hell, could become a class action suit. In the case if jizz mops v the big fat meanie! :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We don't even bother with that half the time these days as companies get away from contingency programs but the simple answer is the people doing that didn't/don't necessarily know the legalities of each class out there.

If someone is cheating and whines about being busted that is on them not the person protesting. It's an easy $25 for a visual and you get it back if you're right. If you're not protesting then you don't get to whine about the cheaters.

Interestingly the riders as always running the fastest don't need the aftermarket masters....

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I'll win just like every other lawsuit to date :crackup:

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's a fair point go superbike only and run 2 races a day for those classes

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'd be wrong.

18. ScubaSteve666

ScubaSteve666 Member

We must watch different grids.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I talked to some friends in drag racing about it decades ago - the only way to do it was have a fuel sponsor who tested everyone. Even pump gas would test as oxygenated so you can't even really require that.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't even remember the shock mount thing at all.