V6 HW through V8 HW Points...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

I attached the wrong quote. ..lol...you know what I mean!!

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

So now that I have a V8HWT eligible bike, this has my attention. I was planning on running the entire Mid-Atlantic season next year in the C/B classes on my R6 and my 10r in V8HWT. So if I'm reading this correctly, if I attend every MA round, I could have a good number of points (Assuming I finish reasonably well and have no DNF's). Then, the 2017 GNF would come around and someone could take the plate over me if I got beat at the GNF? Even if that someone didn't have nearly the points accumulated that I did?

The hell?

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same thing already happens in the C/B classes.... :D

4. nhammond54

But you could win yourself a regional championship!! Lol...I have 7 this year and haven't even been to some of the regions!! It's a joke! Ask Steve, I think he won 4 last year and didn't have anybody to race with. This is why the only one that really matters is the National. And he wants to make it a joke now by making it winner takes all. Back to the yard!! Got trimming to do now.

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

If everyone in the first 3 rows has 120pts. Isn't already winner take all?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They seem to want to ignore that part, Steves idea would give even more riders 120 too... :crackup:

7. nhammond54

Have you looked at the points in these classes? Maybe 3 people have 117 or more with a shot at the National. And you would think the director of the organization would know this. And yes hopefully Stevens format would put more people in the race for the National with given effort. Not just show up and take it with little to no effort.

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. nhammond54

Sorry 115 is the points number. You can still win the National with 115 if you win the race.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. baconologist

So, if I run/win 5 races early in the season and blow up. I'm out of contention foe the title at the GNF?

Do not like.

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

S'alright, the cherry pickers that run Vintage will win it anyway.

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

If I wasn't going for a National in any class (C/B/V8), and just regional, could this new proposed system still have someone take the regional championship at the GNF even if I was #1 in the region before the GNF, and that persons win at the GNF did not give them more regional points to beat me at the championship?

12. nhammond54

Do your homework
    V6HW
    Ray Hickman
    Eric Bozell
    V7MW
    John Trautman
    Norman Hammond
    V7HW
    John Trautman
    Norman Hammond
    V8MW
    John Trautman
    Norman Hammond
    V8HW
    John Trautman
    Michael Burns
    those are the only people that mathematically have a chance at the National.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    VFR#52 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The GNF only counts towards National Championships, no change to regional at all for any class(es).

nhammond54 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's that got to do with his question? He never said the first three rows DO have 120 points....

I'll stop posting this is evidently really upsetting you.

15. nhammond54

If someone shows up with max points....yes...your out of the National.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. nhammond54

See he said everyone in the first three rows have 120pts....SEE

17. baconologist

So why should I bother past blowing up? Theres no incentive for me anymore at that point. Except for any other Sportsman classes I'd be running. WERA would loose my entry fees for V8 for the rest of the year.

maybe I'm being dense. But I don't see the attraction to most points and consistancy thru the year. It's a race against guy's you don't normally race against, for the crown.

18. nhammond54

And yes half cocked statements by the organization director about a rule change is upsetting. We have spent money and time to run your events. And for you to just discount it all makes it not worthwhile. Like I said..do what you want and I will make my decision next year to run or not. Plenty of other organizations that would appreciate the extra revenue. I have been racing off and on with WERA since 1991. And i regard this organization as the best in the country! We have had a lot of top notch riders come through here. And I know racing is not what it used to be. There are more options now. Used to be you wanted on the track...you went racing! Now that is not the case. Keep discounting the efforts of your riders with a joke of a Championship. And they will go else where. Even if it is just a track day.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He said IF :crackup:

20. nhammond54

You go to the next race after you get your motor fixed and you get more points, so you go to the GNF with max points. And yes your being dense. Under the proposed system, you race until you get max points.

VFR#52 likes this.