1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 HW through V8 HW Points...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been thinking about it - should we take the Sunday races and make them the same as Sportsman for National Championships? Winner take all at the GNF?

2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I'll bite! I like it the way it is. What if (really big what if!) after my one race weekend this year I show up at the GNF, get lucky & everybody breaks, and actually win it? Not that I could beat Troutman or Hammond but they have worked and won all year and should race for their title, letting the last race points matter.

3. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

I agree with Kevin. Kind of makes it not worth all the races during the year. Just show up at the GNF and win yourself a National title.

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everyone who does well all year still gets their regional titles. It would just be like the modern classes - and since these Vintage (obsolete?) classes run the same schedule as the modern stuff I was thinking just to make it more consistent and easier to understand for the guys coming from modern classes since it usually goes that direction rather then the vintage classes running up to V6HW and above.

5. nhammond54

Really the way it is now, the winner of the race is going to be the National champ anyways.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't disagree with that - but you do still run all season for the regional number one.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. We have so many more rounds available for these classes the whole 6 rounds things is diluted.

V5 Racer and VFR#52 like this.
  8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I don't even dream about region titles anymore! My last one was in '94!

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I wouldn't mess with it this year, but I think it deserves consideration for the future.

VFR#52, cajun636 and nhammond54 like this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well as one who would benifit most with a winner take all this yr at GNF.
    I'd say no for this yr. But I do have a points system that will work for all and hurt no one. I was planning on giving it to you at GNF for consideration for next yr.
    I had problems and it cost me.
    That's racing. But if I got them solved and actually won the race I don't feel that would be fair to guys who won all their races and are in hunt for National Championship the way rules are now.
    My only goal has been to try and win National Championship.
    I never cared for regional titles.
    But I think once you look at what I have you will like the ideal.
    But thanks for wanting to change the way points and championships are decided.
    See you at Barber.

Steven Isenhower #52

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Actually no it wont. I know you guy have wrote me off but I'm still in hunt if they run it that way. But after all the races you went to yo make sure I didn't get points I'd say not this yr to this.
    That would be wrong.
    Although I feel points should he earned toward having the opportunity to win title as in past.
    Next yr would time to make a change.
    JT and Norm earned the points according to rules this yr and should be able to race for the Championship.
    I will be at Barber to race for the win.
    Going to be a hell of a race. Guaranteed.

Steven Isenhower #52

12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Steven, even though we just met, will you do me the favor of proof reading your post before hitting "post"? Sometimes it's hard to follow what your saying. Before meeting you I honestly thought you were from some east European country. Oh, and sorry I couldn't keep up with you guys last Sunday!

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well proofreading probably won't help. Cause in my head it sounds right.
    And I'm doing this between working. Lol.
    Never said I was a great writer and never claim to be. So what part did you not understand. Pm me the questions.
    Saves everyone else the eye sore.

Steven Isenhower #52

14. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

No need for PM. I understand your posts it just seems you're typing in a hurry and it gets jumbled up. Not trying to pick a fight but you have some good points and I hope everyone gets them.

15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Lol no fight. I know I suck at writing.
    My PR secretary is off payroll at this time.
    And of course no one died ready any of it yet. Be safe and hope to see you at Barber.
    Steven Isenhower #52

16. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

I think it's a good idea(not for this year of course). The V6-V8 races are more in line with the sportsman series, so why not have them scored the same?

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. nhammond54

To be honest, I don't think most people care about the regional championships. But I think a National championship should hold some merit to consistency in good results. If you go to that format, I don't see how that would give people the urgency to go to as many races as possible. Then that hurts your business. If it goes to that format next year I will probably just run a couple of races and show up to the GNF and give it a go.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. nhammond54

Ok...he with the most points and closest to the front then....is that better? You know all about that.

19. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I ment if they change format. Lol.
    I'm just going to see if I can be in the mix.
    But you are correct about changing it to winner take all like sportsman class.
    It'd not what vintage is about.
    See you at Barber.
    Steven Isenhower #52

20. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

Well I'm torn for this reason if I didn't destroy my hand at tally I was gunna race all the races norm did and on the off chance I dropped 2 seconds everywhere and I actually won a few and he did aswell we basically would have taken each other out of the national title points. As on a budget we really can't just go to another race.. So for that reason I like the winner take all but.. I know some people will do one race and show up at the gnf and have a chance at the title sucks when I got 7-8 races to get points... I like the idea of a collective points as Steven has suggested in the past.
    But if that isn't a option.. Winner take all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VFR#52 likes this.