First: Kill All The Lawyers

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

You rang?

Take me to the potato salad!

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

But wouldn't certain things be expected? (Im def no expert in what capacity board members have, so maybe they have no purchase power at all). If there was a generator for timing, and it needed parts, that seems reasonable to me, why would that be a red flag? Seems like a cost of doing business expense for a motorsport company. Are they realistically chasing down a new office chair or filing cabinet as well?

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Yep. Well that's the charge. And my question still remains, how does all of this make him whole?

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The generator parts, yes. Now you have "zx-10 Hotbodies? It hopefully would raise a red flag and the accountant wouldbring it back to the board for discussion. Unless CMRA rented race bikes, why would they need motorcycle parts? Generator parts, yes, EZ ups, yes. Motorcycle parts, hmmmmmm????

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Whistleblower? What other recourse would he have? It ain't many other race orgs in the Tejas region is it?

6. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

AMA vs AMA-CCS was the big payday for the lawyers. Roger Edmundson hit the jackpot for the AMA's BOD actions. He created the CCS cup series as an independent, but AMA sanctioned series. The AMA BOD usurped his business, and cut him out of the organization, without paying him. I think it cost AMA around 12 million, plus fees. Then the AMA turns around and sells the rights to AMA roadracing to DMG. Who sits on their BOD ? Roger Edmunson ! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ? (Some people have said they think Roger was trying to kill the AMA Roadracing series out of spite.)
    All of that eventually got us to 'Moto America'. AMA finally got some good team mates; Experienced enthusiasts, Gentlemen, and Businessmen, who are interested in the participants!
    I'm done ! Back to the topic...

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

So does he expect to be appointed afterwards?

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Where's Broome? He's got a challenger for "King of All Unnecessary Pissing Contests".

Banditracer likes this.
  9. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

Hot or cold? :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You seem to think it's personal in only one direction. You should read the complaint. I'd be pissed too if even half of that is true.

R Acree likes this.
  11. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Depends on how long since the last seagull flew over.....

12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Now I'm curious (and it's slow in the office today) - do you have a link that you can share?

13. F ing hope not. Just glancing over it he seems butthurt and has the means to be spiteful. It's hard to make heads or tails of it all but the guys doing a great job making it more expensive for all of us.

14. I'll have to look it up, as I stated earlier I just glanced over it. End of the day it's costing a lot of money for something that should be settled professionally. Or with a 3' screwdriver.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had a link (to the Dallas County Court) but I could never get it to work. So I eventually got a couple of PDF documents.

16. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

As I was reading through this thread just now, I was thinking how similar it is to the AHRMA/RI fiasco.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

300k/1000k spent so far on legal fees and it ain't close to finished. Sounds like this is a death sentence if they don't get a handle on it soon. I agree that they should apologize and let him back

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So when do we get started with the lawyer killin' ... and shit?

chevibubba and Ghost of Casby like this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The CMRA board called and they want you to start now at a specific location in Dallass...:D

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I have served on a BOD for two non-profits and I have learned my lesson.
    Never again.
    It costs you money while you earn either the ire/criticism of people who do nothing to help, and damn few people who benefit ever bother to even say thank you.
    Nobody sees the work done behind the scenes.