1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First: Kill All The Lawyers

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Feb 16, 2016.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You know, I was going to say that you were too much of a dick to be a moderator, but then I thought about some of the current mods...:D

eggfooyoung likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'd get as much as we pay Dave.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ultimately the board should have audits performed every so often by an independent accountant. Let's say that a board member was buying motorcycle parts and keeping receipts "labeled" generator parts. The audit would hopefully bring this situation to the board's attention so they could correct this situation.

This kind of outside guy (non-clique) could just possibly be just what CMRA could have used sooner. Or not ;)

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Negative. Attorneys don't audit. That's the Controllers job. The attorney keep you out of the hoosegow when the Controller runs off with one of the CW's :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My personal money? Not a cent. You'd have to find where it's buried and I'm not giving that up. That is IF I had any which I don't. I can't even afford the motogp subscription and shit.

and why would you want that? I mean, it doesn't always suck but it's not always just f@ckin' with the dopes.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

More like the Dudley Boyz

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dave pays WERA in order to be a mod.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

They should offer him a public apology, lifetime race license, and a big bag of army green zip ties.
    Sounds like they've burned thru half of their legal funds already, and if any of those allegations are proved it could be lights out for the club.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I just checked. I don't have my mod clearance yet. Or my paycheck.

You'll be hearing from my lawyer Mr. Captain Ditz Shitz

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Cheeseburger pringles FTW.

11. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

You are correct - it is commonly referred to as Director's insurance. It covers the board of directors for financial malfeasance or misconduct as relates to stockholders, related parties, and a number of other specific risks which vary by policy. Virtually impossible for a corporation in the US to get a loan without one of these policies nowadays. If you're ever offered a directors position make sure the org has one of these policies before accepting - without it you are personally liable.

Mongo - the board of directors of WERA can be sued for the same type of thing.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

So out of sheer curiosity, how would an audit find some of this stuff out? If I have a receipt from Slick Willy's Motorcycle Warehouse for an exhaust and carburetor, why would an auditor assume they're NOT for a generator? Do they really go that in depth in the process? Obviously if it was 2015 ZX-10r bodywork and they're trying to say a generator, that would raise flags, but do they really know that much about it?
    (I swear, sheer curiousity, not trying to pull one over on anyway).

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bring it. Payment was sent same method as for Dave, no mod powers were implied :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense on the insurance for the directors.

No BoD for WERA, it's Evelynes totally. We do carry personal liability for silly shit though.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would think that kind of audit would go find the parts or at least the generators to match to the receipts.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Questionable spending by an authorized board member(s) or Ex Director. When the reciepts are totaled all of the money spent should be accounted for and from where. Not foolproof but its a start.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

In beer and trips up the hill at VIR in the side by side for Sam? Oh, mongo sis sent straws. :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, that was payment for Sam for dealing with you. :D

19. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

AHRMA went through this type of deal when it threw out a member/team owner who was also a lawyer, got sued and fought in court for years, eventually went bankrupt, came out the other end and now looks to be as strong or stronger than ever. AMA, which sanctioned AHRMA events at the time, got dragged into the battle and spent $750,000 on defense over the issue of whether or not the AMA member in question received due process according to AMA bylaws. The trigger point for litigation was the member being thrown out of the club and banned, and the process by which he was thrown out and banned was a major issue.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

If only WERA were not for profit and had a BOD then Mongo could violate all the bylaws and ruin road racing for good.