1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First: Kill All The Lawyers

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Feb 16, 2016.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If he is serious about meeting his goal, he needs to take the necessary action. There will be collateral damage.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Some of the people he is accusing are easy going people that do alot for the Texas racing community too...

3. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I was thinking AMA/DMG.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

There is NOTHING you can do that would prevent someone making accusations.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I know, and have known for decades several of the individuals he has named in his suit. I've only ever seen one of them act like a dick and that was when he had been pushed much farther than I would have allowed.

David B and crashman like this.
  6. Like you?

7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

True but with the appropriate process/documentation it can prevent the accuser from having a leg to stand on in court. Maybe the CMRA has all that but it seems like it is getting pretty tied up in the legal system. But Inge being a lawyer probably knows how to do that.

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I've seen how a board can operate with a short-sighted but vocal member. My question to you is, would having some new board members allow new ideas to grow the "Texas racing community"?

I've also seen where the board did not follow their by-laws. Not intentionally but by conintued oversight. The board is unltimately responsible but they sometimes forget that.

9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Just stick to the subject matter. Comedy hour is on another channel. :rolleyes:

10. speedluvn

That's why they caution non-profits to have professionals to verify that they have certain documents for the organization to prevent or limit this type of action?

11. That's why you pay money for a really good accountant.

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Possibly. But what I am trying to figure out is will this suit do more harm than good to the organization. This could be wrong but based on what I have read the originator of the suit is mad that he had 2 failed attempts to get on to the board and brought that attitude to the race track and made life miserable for anyone who was associated with the running of the races. And doesn't the membership vote on board members? I guess it will be up to the judge to determine who the vocal, short sighted individual is but I can not see how filling the pockets of 2 sets of lawyers over a squabble like this does good for anyone except the lawyers.

David B likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You had me at kill the lawyers.

14. speedluvn

And thats what CMRA hopefully did periodically.

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Correct.

Paint a picture if you will. Inge spends the next couple of years in court. The insurance funds currently paying the legal fees deplete and the club is left to fund the case by itself then goes bankrupt. Boom. No more CMRA.

So this fine upstanding man who wants the best for the club, does the one thing that will eventually destroy it, cost it money. All because he got his feelings hurt for not letting him play with the cool kids.

Sounds just like the kind of guy every BOD needs.

David B likes this.
  16. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

And periodic audits...since they have an insurance policy, I'd think it would be a requirement to have independent audits conducted once in a while.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Insurance wouldn't require audits. It's liability insurance. Also not sure insurance would cover this kind of lawsuit.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I remember correctly, it does.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool. Not something we'd be sued for so never really thought about it. Any suits we've had are based on things on track.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Mongo, if I were to Sue you, how much of DaveK money would I get?

I have been wanting to be a moderator for a while now.