1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got me a Race Van

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 25, 2011.

1. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Is the engine behind the driver/passenger?

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

4. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

5. baconologist

who knew a 48yo cast iron exhaust manifold couldn't take being torqued.... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. baconologist

how much Herculiner are you guys using to do the supervan floors?

Dave SV,
    where did you find the carpet / padding you have?

7. ton

ton Arf!

seriously considering a van as a multipurpose sleeping/camping/motorcycle hauling tool. one potential sticking point with my S/O:

if the bikes are removed upon arriving at destination, whether that's at the track or in the woods with some dirtbikes, how bad are the gas/oil smells from a sleeping perspective?

(if it's way up in the thread somewhere, my apologies)

8. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Non-issue in my Eurovan, though I suspect that's more due to a properly sealed fuel can and a sock in the bikes muffler than the van itself.

9. ton

ton Arf!

nice.

my plan would be to get an external container for fuel hauling. was mostly worried about the fuel venting from gas tanks during transport. good point on the muffler.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It's never been an issue for me.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's NEVER been an issue once the bikes are out. Gas cans go on a hitch carrier. There was one time that I'd topped off the bike prior to loading and a little overflow ran down the tube and into the belly pan. There was a pretty strong smell initially but as soon as we started moving it went a way. I upgraded the rear windows on my van to the old style conversion/club wagon type that open out at the bottom so it vents really well.

12. baconologist

until I put an open can of T4 in mine. the bed liner smelled worse than the bikes.

13. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

BigBird likes this.
  14. ton

ton Arf!

well, you guys are telling me what i want to hear. thanks for that :beer:

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Joined the club yesterday. First order of business is to get new wheels, pull the dents, deep clean the interior like crazy and then get it wrapped for my business. After that I'll be turning the inside into a shaggin' wagon/bike hauler. Really wanted to get a Sprinter so I could stand up in it, but just couldn't wrap my head around some of the repairs that pop up on them. I can fix just about anything on a GM 6.0 with duct tape and zip ties. Saved about 17 grand over what I was planning on spending as well.

[​IMG]

16. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Satellite dish on the roof ?

Shenanigans likes this.
  17. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

awesome hauler! I wonder if that platform (mid engined) could be made to have sportscarish handling? that one looks unusual with all windows on one side and a panel on the other. is that original or have the drivers side windows been removed or something?

I'd like to have one to drop a 383 in, update the suspension and driveline and chop about 10" out of it from front to rear then do trackdays in it LOL!

18. baconologist

It's the original design. Come got it and build to your hearts content. It ended up being too small for the two of us.

19. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Uhh, basket ball net backboard .

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

How much battery and inverter do I need to run an electric pressure washer for 15-20 minutes? I was hoping one big 8d would do it and maybe a 3,000 watt inverter. Any smart people have an idea?