1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So What's it Gonna Be (US Roadracing)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 10, 2014.

1. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Actually AMA Ohio is the FMNR you are correct Geoff. DMG is not . AMA Pro(DMG) has never been. That's why when you entered as a wildcard you talked to Ohio.

2. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Actually Chet Burkes production held the TV rights not AMA Pro(DMG) . So you probably would want to ask Chet Burkes.

3. caferace

caferace No.

Waitaminnit. You're saying CBP owes the bill? They're a contractor, hired by AMA Pro. Am I missing something?

note: In the land of Oz that is Dorna, I would not be SUPER surprised if CBP was somehow on the hook for this.

-jim

4. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

CBP had the rights to AMA Pro roadracing , it was his baby.

5. caferace

caferace No.

I choose to reserve judgement on this one. Interesting theory though.

-jim

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Ya know, I believe you have something here. I started racing WERA in '88. Ev was there then running the show as she is now. I believe this is the only surviving constant in US roadracing. Sure CCS was there, but Roger Edmonson, really? Oops, am I neglecting some left coast orgs like AFM?

7. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Yeah, what u say is how I know it as well. AMA Ohio helps sign off on the paperwork. Basically they submit my paperwork to IRTA and the FIM. AMA Ohio has a license the rider needs to purchase as well. Normally IRTA and fim know my plans first and what riders are possible, then Ohio help dot the I's and cross the t's.

Sean commented on DMG not giving up sanctioning, that is what confused me.

I would like to know if multiple pro series can be formed. They report to AMA Ohio when they need to communicate with fim. From how people are talking it sounds like someone is making a play to purchase the fmnr? Starting a new series should be "easy" without the hassle of taking over the fmnr too.

8. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Multiple series could be formed , not sure that would help the current situation . If you really wanted to race the best you are going to go to the series the factory teams participate in. I really don't think that you can buy the FMNR. It is a huge undertaking and encompasses all FIM activity in a country. if you wanted a race series that would be a handful in itself.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  9. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

I don't want one myself! :) I'm waiting for the dust to settle. Sounds like plenty of options are on the horizon.

10. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I understand it's all rumors and speculation till something concrete happens. That being said, I've heard at least 3 sound proposals to replace AMA Pro Racing next year and all 3 sound like a big improvement. So even if the Rainey effort doesn't end up making it, there's still 2 more good proposals on Dorna's desk.

If everything works out ideally, some of the people involved in the other 2 proposals will join forces with the main effort and make it rock solid.

11. My thoughts exactly.

We have many series, just not enough racers and not enough fans. There are plenty of orgs now and lots of opportunities to race. Pick any given weekend during the year and there is probably a track within driving distance that some org is hosting a race on.

The problem is the size of the pie. Cutting that pie into more pieces doesn't help much. It just results in everyone having smaller peices.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Grass roots is where anything grows from. GO WERA:rock:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

and has anyone heard of WERA Pro? I think that's heading in the right direction for USA Roadracing!

14. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

What is FMNR?

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Interesting how much auto-generated PR comes from simple transparency and planning ahead!

16. Forms Motherfuckers Never Remember.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Google Scott Gray.

Just because it's cool right now to ride bicycles and the like doesn't mean you have to be skinny to win races or to ride fast.

If you can't beat Tim Bemisderfer you can't talk shit about anyone and their size.... So far those complaining about Tony can't beat Timmy ;)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If KTM wanted to pay us to do that I would in a heartbeat - however keep in mind one major thing. Germany is the size of New Mexico. No way to have a series like that in just New Mexico...

19. Chip

Chip Registered

HAhahahaha :crackup:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

AMA has a contract with DMG. Doesn't matter that all paperwork still goes through Ohio - they cannot give out a sanction to any other pro group and that includes the FIM sanction.

However - having the FIM sanction doesn't mean you have to race that series to get an FIM license or go racing in Europe eventually. Plenty of riders with FIM licenses that haven't raced DMG and just raced WERA or other orgs.