1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So What's it Gonna Be (US Roadracing)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All you can eat pop corn shrimp, 2 free trips to the salad bar and a pee pee touch at the end of the weekend.

Number tossed around the intergores is about half that but that could just be intergore yap.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Size ain't got much to do with it.

I've smoked plenty of skinny guys. I'm not really "fast" but I guess you've never heard of John Haner have ya?

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

And his own Track....

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Any idea on the I.O.U. to Dorna for Laguna 2013?

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

you guys need something like this here: (sorry for the pooir google translate...) http://www.adac-motorsport.de/adac-junior-cup/de/

The ADAC Junior Cup provided by KTM

The ADAC Junior Cup driven by KTM starts in 2014 also as part of the World Cup and IDM SUPERBIKE * By.

The series IS advertised for KTM RC390 Cup 1 cylinder 4 stroke with approx 38 hp. The entry fee is 2,490 euros.

A first-class destination of the ADAC War and IT IS talents in Germany continue to offer A particularly cost object class. Of this CRITERION Meets the ADAC Junior Cup. In addition, it offers young motorcycle riders from the ADAC Mini Bike Cup A perfect and everything BEFORE age-appropriate opportunity for advancement, um yourself there consistently for Higher classes prepare.

The ADAC Junior Cup was launched in 1993. World Championship riders Steve Jenkner How, Reinhard pride, Klaus Nöhles, Mike Baldinger, Christian Kellner Or former world champion Jörg Teuchert learned there die basic concepts of racing and managed Himself A solid foundation for YOUR career. Katja Poensgen also comes from the ADAC Junior Cup. The former World Cup-pilot Won 1995 ALS first and only girl this young series. The most prominent driver IS But surely the Swiss Tom Lüthi, the 2005 world champion in the 125cc class was.

Show total of eight runs Steen On the ADAC Junior Cup program. All races FIND in the context of top events, mainly in Germany, instead.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah man, I don't know shit anymore. I probably hear the same whispers and rumors as everyone else.
    No idea on the amounts from LaGooooona from 2013 or if they ran up more in 2014.

7. do we really have to keep doing this every two months? i just want to know how to fix my lawn, screw road racing.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

9. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

What the hell's this? I expect my mods to know WTF is going on. Turn in your mod card sir or get with it!:D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Morris, I actually don't want to know anymore. Ignorance is bliss.

Well, I do know one thing and it's something I give a crap about: WERA pro is a go for 2015. :)

DMG packs it in, the Dorna deal falls totally apart and Godzilla attacks tokyo, there will be a place to race.

11. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I think the fan base is the biggest problem. I don't care if it's curling, you have enough people willing to buy tickets to see it, it'll work and end up on tv.

Almost no people who don't ride motorcycles watch motorcycle racing. If you go into a motorcycle dealership and ask staff and customers to name 3 pro motorcycle racers, I'd bet about 1 in 10 would be able to name 3 pro riders. I'd go a step further and say that 2 out of 3 of the pro's they'd name would be in motocross.

The US as a whole just doesn't give a shit about motorcyce road racing.

12. i dont even have a lawn right now, hopefully 10 acres of one soon though. plus i should be at Road A next month so i can ditch the orange shirt for the endurance at Barber. also respond to my text.

but seriously, we keep bitching about the same things. america needs money and people to care about motorbikes. it's really as simple as that.

13. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

I wish there was a way to get all the riders who go to events like Sturgis every year to be excited about racing. They don't have to be racers themselves, just into the sport, watching fellow riders push the limits of their bikes. It'd give them more destinations to ride to, and more rides out of the year (I assume they'd be into more group rides across the country) Don't those events get 100+ thousand people every year? that'd be awesome to have that kind of turn out at a race.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

isn't Daytona supposed to be that for road racing?

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

None of those people care anything about racing, if anything it's disdain for "those gd crotch rockets".

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What if those GD crotch rockets weren't street legal? Everybody hates them because the first thing most people think of is the dumbass riding a wheelie at 100mph weaving in and out of traffic. Everybody loves dirtbikes because they're not a public menace.

And if you look to many of the countries where motorcycle racing is really popular, sportbikes are nearly unattainable. Insurance rates in Europe put them out of reach of most jackasses and sheer cost puts them out of reach of nearly everybody in India, Malaysia, China, etc.

17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Bigger than 500cc, yes. Smaller bikes are more numerous than lemmings in Europe and Asia, and that's how future racers learn how to ride. In America, the 16 year old wants a Busa. I know, I bought a 900 when I was 18. Wrong approach. I'm not sure what this crowd is calling a GD crotch rocket, but in Europe and Asia, it starts at 80cc, and insurance is affordable.

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Fellas, I just got back from Sturgis sunday nite.....and I'm sorry to say your dreams are hopeless here.:(

I rode out (1,700mi), but was kinda paid to drive a Sprinter van and trailer loaded with bikes back to Atlanta.....big Home Depot executive. Good guy. He was on "whats in the Barn" and donated a bike to the Wounded Warrior project.

I went to the Jackpine Gypsies clubgrounds for some flattrack racing,and may even build an SL350 to run in the future....but most of the crowd could have cared less.

We were driving somewhere, and went past the hillclimbs on I-90 (gypsies), side by side runs even, and those guys could care less....."wow", kept driving.

Its sad, they really dont care. If you could get them interested it would be a huge jackpot......I do both (ride HD and race), and I cant even make a dent.....they just dont care.

There was one guy in the group, Walmart executive, he went to the flattrack with me....he and his daughter....no one else cared.

And you are right about the wheelies and such.....painted everyone for those guys.

The Home Depot guy took a Ducati monster for the other "driver" (rob) to ride....his first time in Sturgis. he was talking about taking his SV next year so he could be alittle more "hooligan".....I told him he'd stick out like a sore thumb, and would probably wind up with a ticket.

Its like another world.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

difference is, in EUrope you get to race your buddies on your (cheap ass) 125 on the streets (as i did on a Cagiva Mito in germany, then a monster 600, then a 900, then an rsv mille) all day long ... we raced each other for hours through the black forest and if there were cops, we'd just outrun them.

in my 13 years of hooligan riding on public roads , guess how many tickets i got or ended up in jail?

right.

then go to spain or italy, and watch these kids on the streets... that's another level to what we did. you can just pick one from his scooter, put him in leathers and send him to the next track, he will haul ass in no time.

over here you have to make the transition from dirt to road for the kids to go racing. that involves $$$.

and yeah, the busa thing - with all the dragstrips around, it's way easier to do some "racing"...

in my first year here, i was asked if i wanna go to a "track" with some guys... lowered, stretched, you know... went there, to see it was an 1/8 mile track. man was i disappointed.

but you know what, pay $7, do the runs have fun and go home. cheap and accessible, you can use your own bike without mods, you don't have to travel far, and your buddies do it also.

quite boring in the long run, IMHO, but good for practicing starts....

what i want to say/ ask, how can you build a fascination amongst kids, what almost doesn't exist? yes to us road racing is the world, but look at average how and his kids, how should they know? or get into the sport.

i don't see any kids on 250 here on the streets. and to be honest, i wouldn't let mine ride one. swerving trucks, chicks on the phone, etc... you know the threats...

so let's just forget it. :beer:

then

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

600+cc superbikes, you know, the ones we race.