1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So What's it Gonna Be (US Roadracing)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Last I checked he was still racing! Plenty of other people with contacts, that aren't racing, that can run with your idea. Seems like Wayne Rainey is working on it now.

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

And FULL RESPECT to Wayne for doing so:up:

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd bet Nicky still has the first dollar he made. He lived over his parents garage until a few years ago.

Red Bull bought him his Bentley. Audi hooked him up with the S7. Honda loaned him the almost pick up. His bicycles come (probably free) from Specialized and his helmets he gets paid to wear.

The kid is the god to us cheap f@cks. :D

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is he still dating that tequila princess? Dude's never gonna have to spend a dime of his own money :D

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

And bloody good on him also, but he has a name that carries a lot of power as do all the other has beens

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Doing my part to grow road racing...

Attached Files:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Haydens have been supporters of kids racing all along, including a number of the fast kids in DMG right now. But they can only do so much.

The US is not Europe. It's not Kiwiland, it's not Oz. What works everywhere in the world where there are huge numbers of motorcycle fans doesn't work here.

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Fare call, and I am aware of the Hayden family actions

9. six6two

six6two AWD

I'm not talking about the "fan'' bases, and neither were you. Sure they've got a genius marketing dept, but that's it.

It is absolutely a higher level of competition. Indy racing, hell I'd even say local dirt track can be a higher level of competition than that snooze fest of a soap opera they sell to the Murican public as motorsports. How many times do you hear a Nascar driver thank their trainer for helping them get to the top of the box? Ever see a motorcycle racer swell the fuck up to Tony Stewart's size and still be remotely fast? Nope. :crackhead:

10. Can you blame them?

Sorta like the Crutchlow to Ducati thing, you (read: racers) only have so much time to make what you can. Lots, if not most of these guys dont have college degrees and dont have technical skills/certifications (meaning they arent electricians, or welders, or engineers, etc).

As a racer, you are always one corner away from never being able to ride again. Then what? We are talking about people's lives and wellbeing here, not just now but for years to come. It is easy for us to sit back and say what they should or shouldnt do, but we all have other/regular jobs. They dont.

Why should they give up their hard earned money, just to go race overseas? Just so they can say "I raced in WSS/Moto2"? We have already seen the talent level over there and if you arent on the same equipment as the front runners, you dont have a chance. If I was in that situation and the choice was to either make $100k per year riding here, or spending $100k of my own money to go race there, I know what I would do.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You're wrong. way way wrong. Jimmie Johnson and several other drivers run triathlons for FUN. They don't thank their trainers because they are in house for most teams. So that every team including pit crew member can train. If you think the competition isn't high just look how the f1 and Indy car drivers have done when they've made the transition...

12. six6two

six6two AWD

[​IMG]

Whatever dude. :crackup:

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Hey in not arguing that he's not fat! :crackup:

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Typically it isn't spending $100k out of your own pocket. It's a matter of aligning with a sports marketing group or pounding the pavement to look for personal sponsors.

15. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

well...I'll throw my 2 cents in here.
    Issue is not fan base or talent or talent development.

issue is DMG asking tracks to pay big $$$ to them up front.
    then track has to charge spectators to make up profit/loss. and given the hole the sport is in, most will lose money. hence the five rounds we have

if any organizer says "we'll bring the show to your track" and split earning half way down the middle...or some plan which benefits all. you will have 12 events a year and participation will grow. Because now you go watch a race for $10.

It will automatically create feeder class onto world stage.
    A 40 rider grid of stock 600's will produce just as much fun of a race to watch and commentate on.

I hope WERA pro creates some stiff competition for DMG.

16. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

How much is the AMA pro worth and when do you sign the check?
    I am in for 500.00:)

17. HFD1Motorsports

But the fat bass turd owns his team! More cheesy poofs please:)

18. HFD1Motorsports

I know the powers that be Wera all ready give the DMG competition..Just look in the paddock. DMG bought a horse on life support. The only thing of value DMG has is the rights. Wera races more has more riders been doing it longer ect. At worst Wera is going to show the DMG how silly they are. It is the first few rungs of the ladder. We have plenty of talent in the US, we have plenty of people that can run teams and we have the means of making parts and pieces here in the states for moto 2/3 bikes.
    Wera just needs to bring the "A" game to the table. You get tv coverage you have something to sell to sponsors. You have a great show then tv wants you and the snowball gets bigger. Purses come after that. I remember huge crowds at race tracks and the show was good. Maybe Bernie after selling F1 will get into bikes? Sean better sharpen that resume:)

19. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Here's a question... does anyone really think that DORNA could swoop in and save American road racing?

I know your immediate response is "YES!" but I'm not so sure. They have successful racing programs in parts of the world where racing is a HUGE draw, and we all know that the US isn't the same.

2nd question... Why Rainey? He's a hell of a nice guy from what I'm hearing and he was a great racer, but does he really have the political clout, and super stardom needed to get people's attention?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  20. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Back in 2004 it was $250,000 for the sanctioning fee. Does anyone know what DMG is asking?