1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You've just been elected President of the US

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Knarf Legna, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

1.) The Department of Procreation.
    You must meet a certain requirement and get a licence to procreate.

Reproducing becomes a privilege not a right.

Thin the herd.....

2.) Real Drivers licence requirements to drive.

You must actually no how to operate a motor vehicle to get a drivers licence. Minimum of a 3 month class room / parking lot school capped with a 2 day final exam on a race track.

3.) Murder, rape, molestation, motorcycle thieves, etc......death penalty.
    One year to appeal....then its Gods job.

4.) Legalize Weed and tax the crap out of it.

It's way less damaging than cigarettes and alcohol.

5.) Cut Immigration....

Sorry....the club is full. To many people here as it is.

6.) Federal regulations to energy production/distribution.

Effects the economy to much to be privately controlled.

7.) Total war......if we go to war with somebody, then we go to war....no rules

8.) Foreign Aid.......Huh?

Foreign Aid is reserved to rebuilding countries that we have destroyed and have installed a puppet government.

9.) 10% across the board consumer tax.....that is all

Let the people decided how to spend there money, and it is self regulating between the rich and the poor. Fair to everybody.

And yes....I would be a tyrant dictator. :D

2. 2000yellow360

2000yellow360 Well-Known Member

May not be necessary for the army, but absolutely necessary for the country. I'm sick and tired of people who are so hawkish, who've never served. Most of the middle class got out of Viet Nam, but are now so gung ho, I'd like to make sure that their kids are up for grabs next time we think about a war. Little shared experience, so to speak.

Since we'd pay them shit, we'd also cut the deficit quite a bit. I got, I think under 100 a month while I was in. Compare that to what kids are now making with 100k bonuses for re-enlistment. two year or eighteen month committment to the country wouldn't be so terrible for a lot of these kids. It'd also be a darn good way to mix the classes: too many middle and upper class kids attend private schools, have absolutely no respect for anyone from the lower classes, and this would provide a darn good way to get people to mix a little more.

Interestingly enough, if you read Murrary's book, The Bell Curve, in the latter chapters, he points out that our society is becoming more stratified, and that it isn't a good idea, and although I disagree with quite a few of his social commentary, he was dead right on that one.

Art

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I see what you are saying but military isn't for everyone and there is no need to have to deal with a bunch of pussies that don't want to be there. There is enough of that just with the ones that did volunteer.

Now I'm all for giving kids three options military, peace corps, other public service abroad.

4. 2000yellow360

I'd do that too, but I'd make darn sure that all the fit people had to finish boot camp, and if they flunked out, no credit for that time, and they'd have to repeat it until they did.

Art

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

First, let me get all of the existing cabinet people together to find out what is really happening around the world besides what we hear in the media. I want the down and dirty details that the media isn't aware of. With this I can come up with a plan. Rinstitute the draft. No matter if we end up having peace break out all over the world, we must have a strong military. Everyone will serve in some capacity even if it's not as a soldier for possible combat.
    Offer some real world help for these third world countries that are struggling to keep their head above water. Poverty breeds stupid people that are prone to listen to some dumb-ass cleric that says you must martyr yourself to reach your 72 virgins. (The dumb ass clerics don't understand that it's 72 Virginians)
    Why let people like Hezbolla look like the heros. We are in a lot better position to be the heros than they are.
    Just a start. More later.:up:

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

This just in: Dave K is my new Defense Sec. Dave, go ahead and bomb Paris.:up:

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

In my presidency Dave K will have nothing to do with domestic policy.
    Defense only. For reference: see above. :up:

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Whoa, hold on. It's not all French people in Paris. Warn a brother before you launch, a'ight? :D

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Another news flash: Art and Roger will be my two Attorneys General.
    That way they will be infighting so much that they will stay out of trouble with the press. :up:

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

See! This is why I choose Art to be one of my AG. He can come up with some really good ideas. Go Art!:up:

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

OOPS!! Dave, send in a team and extract Papa. Quickly!:)

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Art,

I grew up so poor that I don't consider myself middle-class. I am also prior service and very hawkish (if that is to mean that I am pro-war or military use).

I have said before that I take pride in my service being volunteer. However, I will agree with you on the service to Country (Military, Peace Corps, or Civilian Corps), it would go a long way if everyone served but this does not mean we will all be in agreement.

You and I disagree most of the time! (but that is only because I am jealous of anything yellow!:D )

13. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Now that boot camp part is a great idea. I think alot of young people(my nephews are perfect examples) think the military isn't for them so they won't try bootcamp but if they would just give it a shot they would like it.

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Do you mean Boot Camp 2006 or the way it used to be?

16. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Bullshit...if there is any possible way to get out of a legal violation a recruiter can do it. Kid I went to hgih school with got busted for Grand Theft Auto for stealing a brand new Camaro off the lot. Joined the Marines 1 year later.

Another friend tried to join the Army (within the past 2 years) his background check turned up an old petty theft charge in FL along with failure to appear. The judge wanted him to return to FL and serve time, the recruiter got it down to a $1000 fine. He couldn't join for 6 months because he lied on his application but it can happen.

When I personally joined, I had 4 tickets including 2 driving without a license and a pending suspension. I got in just fine.

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Actually either one. Would be better the way it was back in the day when I went but even today's pussyfied way would work wonders for most young people.

18. 2000yellow360

July 8 (or 9th, I don't recall) 1969, Fort Ord, California. I'm in the 5, 6 or 7th week, I don't remember, we're marching back from rifle range. Drill instruction, St. Jennetta (sp??) was causing us to run in the sand, we'd done something to piss him off, and he stopped us. Holding a small radio, he says: "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind, we've just landed on the moon" Large cheer from the recruits, then he says: "Doesn't make any difference to you assholes, you're all dead in Viet Nam anyway."

That was the older version of boot camp. I understand that the recruits get tennies to run in now!!! One of our guys did a 4:40 mile in gear, including boots.

Art

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

May be bullshit where you are. It's not in East TN or in Arkansas.

Even just 5 years ago it was easy to get in. It's not now. Believe me I said bullshit when my nephews told me and when a coworker's daughter couldn't get into the Army because of tickets. My nephews couldn't get into any branch. Coworkers daughter was able to get a waiver from the USMC but the other 3 branches wouldn't touch her and she nearly aced the ASVAB and smoked the NFQT(Navy's Nuclear Field Qualification Test). When a nuclear field quality female can't get into her choice because of driving record then there are issues. Females and nuclear qualified people in the past counted as 2 people toward your quota when I was in. Found that out when I was working with the recruiters.

I would say the region and their quotas have alot to do with it. If they need people to meet numbers then the regional commanders can pull strings to get waivers. Most everything is waiverable if the need is really there. LOL Learned that one too while working with those guys.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yep the Navy actually switched to wearing tennis shoes almost exclusively back while I was in. This was in the late 80s that they did that. Some things they wore boondockers for... gas chamber... fire fighting, etc.

They had stopped hitting recruits when I went in. That was a good change. :)