1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xr100 supermoto

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by WANABE RACER, Feb 10, 2015.

1. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Kent is slow either way so it really does not matter! Good guy though I have ran with him a few times and he normally beats me in the end. Before he got his 150 he rode mine at Mid Ohio, he stayed on it so long I thought he would ride it home!

2. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

so i passed on the xr100 and went with the 150r. so what tires did you try that would not seat? just looking for something to get me through the summer and this winter ill purchase a set of 17's with slicks

3. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I had a set of Pirelli MT something or other on the rear that wouldn't seat correctly. The BT45 seated better on the front.

4. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Thinking of just trying the bt45's

5. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

They worked great on the stock 16" rims of the xr100. Kind of pricey to buy and find out they don't seat any better though...

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I got the BTs to seat fine on a stock XR 19inch front. Just lots of soap and more air pressure then I was really comfortable using

7. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

On 16s front and rear, BT45s I had to redo one of the tires cause it would not seat the other went right on. I use the tire lube that Napa sells. Buy the way I did mine in a warm basement with a hand bike pump.

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

have any of you tried the Pirelli MT 75?

9. baconologist

skip ^that question.

Is the 19" BT45 tolerable?
    Honda is back ordered on XR80 front wheels right now.

10. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

my understanding is the 19 is a pretty big step down from the 16 XR80 front but its rideable and in some classes they have you keep the 19 stocker

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

You can always source a 16" XR100 rear rim and lace it to the stock XR100 front hub with XR80 front spokes. It will give you a wider front wheel so you don't pinch the tire too much.

*I haven't done this, but I have read on here that it's a viable alternative to buying a complete XR80 front wheel assembly.

12. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

^this. :)

13. sharky nrk

^^ check class rules just fyi - if rules allow you can also lace a XS650 yamaha rear hoop to the XR hubs for 2.15 and 2.5 inch wide 16s for roughly the same money

14. baconologist

class rules only allow the swap

15. sharky nrk

yeah, figured as much and not shocking lol - I have an XR80 front complete somewhere but can't seem to find the damn thing. Its driving me crazy. I think I am going to try the XS rims on stock hubs on my illegal for stock class bike anyways at some point for giggles. The profile on the tire is MUCH better. Its my training bike so who cares if it doesn't meet the regs

16. baconologist

I'll just run the 19 until a wheel comes available. Not like I'm at the pointy end anyway. Some seat time is better than no seat time.

17. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The 19 is very rideable. We have to run the 19s in our stock class.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCPMMCGQI3U&feature=youtu.be
    Not the greatest video (friend was shooting it with his phone). I am the guy in last that almost lost it. I broke a spoke on the rear wheel, so I was babying the bike a little.

18. baconologist

Praise Soichiro; I have seen the light and the way!

19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I have a new 16" rim from Honda for sale that you could lace to your hub. You would need a spoke set from Buchanan. The Rim cost 30$, and spoke kit is ~90$ from Buchanan, so for 120$ and a bit of work you would be set. If you find a used one make sure the spokes are all good and tight, often a few are busted.