1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xr100 supermoto

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by WANABE RACER, Feb 10, 2015.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Um why? You would get straight murdered in any mini class but a Stock 100...which you are not legal for with those add-ons. (engine, carb, & shock in most clubs/series rules) If the stock parts come with... then its not so bad.

2. TurboBlew

If I had no other choice... id put an "H" tire on the rear. No way in hell its trust worthy on the front. As for 110s rubbing forks... if you still have the gators on there... it will touch them. The 110 does not rub on my 98,2004, 2006 or 2011 model. Maybe you have a missing spacer or your triples are bent?

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I have never run anything but the 100's on my bike. I have seen several other bikes with black scuffs on the forks from the 110's rubbing. Obviously a LOT of people run them and either don't have that issue, or don't care. I'm sure it doesn't negatively affect performance.

4. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

no stock parts at all, just buying this to goof off and have fun

5. TurboBlew

Odd... if they rub the wheel wont spin freely. Keep in mind these bikes can bend the weirdest things in a crash. I bent the "subframe" on mine, near 90 degrees, from a 34 bike start and tangling with 1 bike @ 10mph. If you look... there is alot of plastic & seat protecting the area, let alone something getting in there with enough leverage to pry the thing up!:up:

6. TurboBlew

ok I thought you were racing it. One of the vets put a slick ass 120 kit with elongated/tapered metal manifold & 28mm carb with a 165 main. Its pretty damned fast will all the extra torque! :up:

7. WANABE RACER

I am amazed the amount of money that can be spent on these things. Im hopeing to pick it up next couple days and go ride.

8. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

It's not hard. I've spent a retarded amount of money on my 100 over the years. Funny thing is, now, I wish it was still bone stock with a xr80 front wheel.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

You have no idea the amount of money you can spend. Check out the twin cam head kits. Last time I saw one it was over $3000 for the head.

10. ACDNate

Mine wasn't soo much the stupid like the DOHC head, mine was more evolutionary.

19" to 16".
    Airbox to pod
    stock carb to 22mm carb
    100cc to 120cc
    etc...

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

maybe the people I am seeing with rub marks have their spokes torqued incorrectly and the wheel offset is biased toward one side or the other? But crash damage would be equally as plausible.

the only mods to my bike are 16" front wheel and bark busters. Our club's stock class requires the exhaust baffle and fully intact stock airbox. We can change carb jets and remove the spark arrestor. That's about it.

I am quite surprised that people believe there's such a huge performance difference between the 100 and 110 tires though. I really hope they're right, because I am running the 100's and i'm right on the heels of the top 5 guys in our club.

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

My TT-R is currently running an old Bridgestone 125GP front and a 100 rear BT45. I can't tell a difference between the two in grip, nor can I get any heat in either on our short track. All I do know is I can't maintain the same roll speed through the long corners the others running 110s can and it's pissing me off.

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to build 16" or 17" wheels for the bike... BT45s or Slicks?

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

building wheels is expensive. Mini racing is supposed to be cheap. Slicks are expensive too.

14. ACDNate

True on the cost of wheels. Slicks are expensive but they last an eternity.

15. WANABE RACER

how many people run the 17's on the xr100. Im guessing not alot of people since the xr80 front wheel is so cheap to do.

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Our club runs a stock XR100 class, and a Formula 4 (now Formula 3) class that is 100cc max displacement, but unlimited modifications. Our club President used to run an XR100 with 17" hoops and slicks (take-offs from his 150R). He was about half a second quicker with that setup, but the bigger wheels also required him to gear differently.

Honestly, I have to believe a disk brake with 16" BT45's would be vastly superior to a 17" slick with the drums (which looks hilarious btw).

I would take a disk brake before better tires. The BT's impress the hell out of me.

17. WANABE RACER

im very new to this crap. is there a conversion for disc?

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I assume a CR80 front end will swap.

I'm HOPING that a CRF150F hub will easily lace to a 16" hoop, but I literally just started a thread to ask if that will work.

I wouldn't bother building an XR with a disk, because the spec class is way too much fun. I would; however, consider building a 150F with 16's :D

19. ACDNate

1984 CR80 is a bolt and go. CR80/85 and crf150r will convert but require a new stem.

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Agreed on wheel building. But I don't get a choice. My front options are an OEM 19" hoop or an OEM 17" hoop that's too narrow to work well with anything. One way or another to make the TTR work I'm building a front wheel.

On the slicks front, I can get take offs with years of mini life for free, BT45s, now those things cost money! :D