1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xr100 supermoto

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by WANABE RACER, Feb 10, 2015.

1. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

looking to get a xr100 and turn it into a supermoto. something to play with at go kart track at vir. what are people doing to get them ready( suspension, wheels etc) also any years better than others? what to look for when buying

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

01 and up are the same until 2013. Those are a better body style looks wise then the bigger tank version from 85 til 2000. They went to cdi in 92.
    Suspension most people run them stock unless you're over 200 pounds.
    Wheels. You get a 1985 or newer xr80 front wheel and it swaps right on. Then a set of 110/90 BT 45s and you're set.
    Get a new OEM Honda front brake cable and a new set of Honda OEM shoes.
    Add a catch can and you're set.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Anything with a cdi ignition. I cut the progressive coils on the fork springs and make spacers to take up the space. This will increase your spring rate without spending money on the bbr springs. Also use the thickest fork oil you can find, and raise it about a quarter inch above what the manual says. I did this and I have 0 fork chatter.

5. WANABE RACER

Thanks guys, I know it's a differnt beast but I also just found a realy good deal on crf150r. Not sure what to do now lol. The 100 I found is pretty much set up already but for couple hundred more I can have the 150r but it's stock.

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Wheels are $$$$$ for a 150r...

7. WANABE RACER

Yeah I was looking last night. Cheapest I saw was 650. I seen where some peopl had ran stock wheels with the bt45's

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you wont get near the seat time on the 150r before mandatory top end service. As a 2nd bike... sure.

9. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I tried running a tire on the stock wheels. Bead wouldn't seat well and I couldn't get the bead lock in.

10. WANABE RACER

I think I have decided just to go with the xr100. need a 16 inch wheel and tires and im done.

11. backcountryme

You can beat on the xr for years and years. Not so much withe the 150r

12. backcountryme

And I don't think the bt45 would be sticky enough for the 150r.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

http://www.ronayers.com/FRONT-WHEEL-C132019.aspx

You can lace one up to your stock hub to a stock 16" rim (about $100 with spokes) or buy a complete wheel for about $236.

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me why spoke sets are so damn expensive? The hoops are $22 shipped, but a spoke set is $70 or more?!?

The Buchanan spokes are more durable and cost less, but not by much... Our club allows them in the stock classes because they actually add unsprung weight.

15. WANABE RACER

The one I'm getting has
    Bbr engine kit
    Upgraded intake,carb, and filters
    Springs in forks
    Jri rear shock
    Different bars
    Xr70 body work
    I'm sure couple other things
    Will take it vir next couple weeks the way it sits before I put the 16 wheel on front

16. backcountryme

The 16 will help, but you can throw a BT45 on the stock 19 and it will be fine. How about a photo of that shock? I would be interested in seeing that.

17. backcountryme

Never mind. Found one.
    [​IMG]

18. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

What's the story with the shock?

19. WANABE RACER

So where is the best place to buy the bt45's. Also looks like 110 front and rear is what I want correct?

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

motorcycle-superstore tends to have them in stock and priced reasonably.

110 front and rear allows you to get the V rated rubber. Supposedly the sidewalls are stiffer on the V versus the H, so you can run them at lower pressures (15 psi is what the Herrin Compound guys will advise) without having spokes poking through the tube. I run the H's at a soft 17 psi with no problem. The 110's will rub your forks.