1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.operationbrokenjoe.com

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Sep 10, 2013.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about the drive Joe....I drove it last weekend coming back from my folks place in Charlotte.

I thought about you when I passed the "palace that is Hubbel" :D

I cant help with the ride, but gate fee offer stands sir!

2. CharlieY

Hey man, Blake has been doing great in V5 on my old EX. Got a regional and is going for more.....V5 aint as good (yet) as it was with you and Dougie, but definitely a lot more exciting than the past couple years.

3. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Joe, glad to hear about your recent positive life events. Many more to come soon!! Hang in there brother!!

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I am Kith.

Back to Project Walk this week. I-85 here I come - again.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You're making progress Joe so keep at it at Project walk. 30 going to 40 pounds is an increase of what, 1/3 of your strength I'd say damn right that is something to be happy about.

Keep kicking butt man.

Hope you can make it to the GNF.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I had a really good but hard week at Project Walk. From my perspective I had the first really noticeable signs of leg movement. I was able to pull my knees through in a crawling exercise. Just last month I could not do this. I'm not sure if it is the stem cells or the hard work. I have to believe it is both. Video is on my Facebook page here:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1468669083422113&set=vb.100008371062996&type=2&theater

The trainers are not helping move the legs forward. They are just preventing my knees from moving to the center too much.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  7. CharlieY

Good to read about the progress Joe.

Your personal drive thru this thing is nothing less than amazing to me sir....no BS. :bow:

Holler when you are in ATL sometime, we'll go grab a bite or something.

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I had another good day today at PWA. I did the crawling again but was better at it and faster too. I should have taken video.

Charley, I'm in ATL next Monday evening. It would be great to catch up with ya and anyone else too.

9. promod

promod Well-Known Member

dam good to hear that mr. joe ...I told our bud rick B awhile back ..I met your uncle jim pomeroy a few years ago ,,u have the same push he had ...that will serve u well hang in there brother.......................:beer:

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Keep it up Joe

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Just catching up Joe. Great progress. You are ahead of where many thought you could be at this stage. Keep it going my friend!
    Let us know where you will be in Atlanta Monday. If there is a chance, I would certainly make the trip up. I am substitute teaching now so work is very unpredictable.

12. CharlieY

sorry I missed ya Joe.....my phone expired over at barber....I need to get your contact info again.

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'll be in Roswell the next 3 Mondays. It would be great to catch up with ya. Anyone else is welcome too.

14. CharlieY

OK Joe, that sounds like a plan!

Also, I'm gonna assume you are driving your Van, and I know this is a "business" trip.....but you are welcome at my place anytime sir. :beer:

Talk soon.

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I appreciate it Charlie. A fellow vintage racer in Roswell found out I was going to Project Walk and immediately offered up a room for the times I stay overnight. He and his wife used to take care of their father and have space that is handicapped accessible so it works out great. I cannot tell you what a blessing this has been since it has increased the days I am physically able to go to PW. It's also great fun to talk bikes and stuff too. I was commuting down and back each time I went there which was physically brutal.

The whole racing community has been incredible throughout my journey. At first I just wanted to walk for purely selfish reasons. Now, I want to walk not just for myself but I also want to do it for you all as well. I also want to tell the doctor in Savannah he is bloody wrong when he said I would never walk again.

16. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Umm...like! :)

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I posted a new video taken Monday at Project Walk on my Facebook page. It shows me moving my legs on my own while in a weight supported harness.

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm done at 4:30 on Monday. Anybody want to meet for some dinner? Roswell area?

19. CharlieY

I'm in Joe, PM sent.

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Wish I could Joe. Maybe next time!