1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.operationbrokenjoe.com

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't unstick this for any reason other than I realized I never look at it for updates with it at the top so now I'll see it when Joe posts.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

That's cool Sean. I have not been posting my progress videos here for fear of the ban hammer. I do have them posted on my Facebook page but not everybody uses the book of faces. If you say it is OK, I'll post some here if I can get them to link.

BTW, my latest video from yesterday is using a leg press machine. I am getting progress but it is still way too slow for me. But, I can't do much about the speed of recovery except keep working at it every day, week, and month.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go for it, I can pretty easily explain them as being racing related :D

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

This video is from Thursday this week at Project Walk 12/11/2014. I'm definitely getting more movement out of the legs. I wish I could lock my knees. If I could, I could probably take some steps with a walker. Hopefully, they will come on-line in the not too distant future. Or, I may need another trip to Panama for more stem cells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNDfSKI33Bs&feature=youtu.be

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::up::up:

6. charles

charles The Transporter

Impressive effort, it must take a lot out of you, Joe…just keep doing all of this at Project Walk, as best you can.:up:

7. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, Joe!

I just made another donation to gofundme.

Keep up the great PT work!

Rick

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Merry Christmas Joe!!!

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thank you again Rick.

I hope Dustin and the rest of you crazies had a Merry Christmas. I'll be back at Project Walk for 4 days next week to continue the battle. My therapist believes if we can just get the knees to lock I could take a few steps with a walker. Easier said than done but it will happen one day.

10. Steve C

Steve C Mostly working.

This! :up:
    Steve C.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Get to it brother!!! We know you can do it and will do it. Mine was a good one. I am a little more broke now though..

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

13. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

get it joe

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'll try to get the video on Youtube for those not on Facebook. Yesterday I rode a stationary bike for 5 minutes with zero assistance. I'm pretty excited about that accomplishment. I'll also be back in Panama for a second round of stem cells this summer.

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

that was an awesome video Joe. keep kicking ass brotha.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm still making progress. Hopefully you can access these two in my Dropbox folder from this past week. My crawling is getting stronger and faster and I walked 30 feet with KAFO braces on with a walker. That was a first for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmhk4o0zsiphxkt/PWA Crawl 051415.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/50olftkastv2k9w/RCP KAFO 051315.mp4?dl=0

I'm not sure I can share these on a forum link. Maybe you can copy and paste the links into your browser? The video of the KAFO braces is between parallel bars. I did not get video using the walker.

I'm really looking forward to my second trip to Panama for another round of stem cells this July. Hopefully, after that treatment I can get my knees back. Once I do, walking without braces will be possible.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

2 years ago today I was in Savannah Memorial Hospital from my morning practice roadracing crash. I set a goal of walking across my living room by today even with aids. Well, this morning I "walked" 87 feet with braces and a walker. I would have preferred zero assistance but the PT was too nervous to let me try on my own. Gotta set a new goal now.

I have many to thank for my progress thus far. Pierre Browne, Hayley Summers, Tony Davenport at Project Walk Atlanta, Stem Cell Institute, TRT, WERA racing community, many loyal friends, and of course Lisa and the big man above.

Can't say it's been easy. In fact, it's been a down right bitch but this SCI thing won't beat me.

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=RCP+KAFO+060115.mp4

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Baddest mother fucker on the face of the planet right here.:cool:

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sorry about the swearing Joe, I tend to swear a lot when I get excited.:clap:

20. triffecpa

triffecpa Well-Known Member