1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2024: Rea replaces Toprak?!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Racing doesn't lie, finishing up front matters, time matters, and eventually age matters

2. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

BSB would love to have him back.

3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I think Reddings own words were something along the line of, "I'm dumb as dogshit, I've never learned anything else, racing bikes is all I know."

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, it was something to that effect. Hopefully someone smart enough around him has helped him focus on paying off his home and a couple few rental properties so he can live decently for the rest of his life even if he can't hold a job.

5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I don't think you read that right....

7. Used2befast

Uh huh...different team same mfg (notice I didn't say team mate)

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Anyone else thinking the 2nd "factory" BMW will frequently be finishing behind the two satellite BMWs next year? In any case, that is a pretty strong rider line up.

koth442 and Circacee like this.
  9. Used2befast

I may eat my words but I don't think Stoprak is gonna just jump on the bmw and run with Ducati/Kawasaki/Yamaha. Rea may just stuff him more on his Yamamissile...I think Jonny will go well on his new ride.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Baz got kicked, pretty shitty.

Also, Gerloff and Redding have a history. I wonder if they'll sync up as teammates or will they have a rift like Irwin vs Bridewell in BSB.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'll take the opposite end on that. I think he is going to get on and immediately battle at the front and be a regular podium like he is now. I also think he'll be battling with the Ducati and will be able to beat him more than he was able to on the Yamaha.

If you want to make it a friendly wager we could do something to the air fence fund.

12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Toprak's accomplice, kind of alludes to being teammates. VDM being an accomplice makes more sense to me.

koth442 likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Why? It isn't like he is setting the WSBK world on fire with his current 16th in points. Maybe he should have stayed in MA.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Redding was 3rd in 2021. Wasnt all that far off from top seat. Can't really compare last year as he was sorta the only BMW. So I'm not really writing off his ability just yet.

15. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to GG31 getting psuedo-factory support next year.

16. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The BMW is still not there across the board. This last weekend showed that yet again. I really hope they get Guintoli riding the bike and he can get the chassis sorted in time to apply to the ‘24 model. I can’t imagine there is much time to do that.

17. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I saw an interview video where several of Paul Bird's ex-riders paid him tribute, Redding was definitely one of them. I want to say he even used the words 'saved my career'. Just cause you don't see someone make a post on instagram with themselves crying into a camera doesn't mean they don't care.

Also, time might be running out for Redding to win a championship, but he's been consistently one of the highest paid riders in the WSBK paddock for 4 years now. He's not doing badly at all.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I've heard that name in high regard but forgive my ignorance, who is he?

19. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

koth442 likes this.
  20. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

2014 WSBK champion. And a real cool dude. A few years ago he was doing a youtube series that was pretty alright.

koth442 likes this.