1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2024: Rea replaces Toprak?!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Sep 2, 2023.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I’m not gonna disrespect the Paul Bird thread but Scott Redding is an absolute piece of shit. Paul Bird saved that guy’s life and gave him the best machinery on the grid to do one thing, win. Scott wins the BSB championship only to squander and fuck up his Duc factory chance and you know the rest. That guy has not said one word on social media in remembrance of Paul and didn’t bother to attend the ceremony at the BSB race this weekend on his off week to at the bare minimum show some respect. Fuck yourself Redding and I’m sure the UK won’t mind your passport change.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why does he need to say something on social media?

I have no idea what he did or didn't do regarding Paul Bird, but some people value actually doing things more than they value showing people what they do/feel. So before I join you with my pitchfork, do you know for a fact that he hasn't reached out to anyone in the family or visited, or done some of the things that really matter?

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There are some in the UK motorsport community on both 2 and 4 wheels who didn't have a lot of time for Paul Bird, he had a bit of history regarding drug related offences and harassment which led to several court appearances.

stk0308 likes this.
  4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Common decency for a guy who saved your life. Some form of public support for his family would be a respectful gesture. Shakey and a lot of his former guys were at that track ceremony. Robin is correct however, alot of folks on this board share that same personal demon battle but yet here we are, supporting the community nonetheless. How many folks say positive things of Scott after he's scorched the earth in his wake. I believe GG31 was recently quoted on Crash as saying, there's 'no love lost' after getting punted in that last sprint race.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You 100% are quoting this wrong…gg31 said that there was no blame on Redding and that he (gg31) should have been elsewhere on the track but screwed up and was in a place that he shouldn’t have been in

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If he wants to, I was already certain he did?:D

7. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

do live in England? Were you at the track to observe that Scott wasn’t there?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If that were true, you’d be begging me instead of @motion to let you tag along on trips. :Poke: :crackup:

brex likes this.
  9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Field? Yes. Track? Not so much

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Nah, going to the east coast with your two kids doesn’t sound that fun to me.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Obviously you’ve never raced at Loudon or ridden the White Mountains. :Poke:

12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who decided that common decency requires doing something publicly? And again, do you have actual knowledge that he hasn't directly reached out to the people affected? My pitchfork doesn't come out for lack of social media lookatmeship.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  14. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

had to log in to respond! Dogs seem to be excellent judges of character.

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You haven't met my dog, he hates everybody :)

cav115 likes this.
  16. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

We have had a couple of those.
    Mostly passive anger, with a few individuals getting “I am going to growl the whole time they are here…

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Ain’t no one looking up to Scott Redding anyhow.

18. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Redding has had every opportunity to make it, he is just not on the level of the fast guys, feel for him because he will be working a regular 9-5 job sooner than later

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I don't think Redding is even smart enough to work at McDonalds.

20. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

On the Duc he won consistently (just couldn't beat Johnny or Toprak) and I do think Bautista received a little more "support" from Ducati when he came back. He gets on the BMW and you can see right away the bike is not up to the task and needs help even after the swingarm upgrade. I think had he been able to jump on the Kawi right away results would have been much different. Also, look at the Honda- I think Iker is a fast guy but on a tough bike (see Bautista last year). I also am not sure if keeping Van de Mark on the factory BMW is the best option (GG or Scott should be on instead).
    I still think Scott can be a top 5 rider on the right machine but obviously time is running out.