1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow, glad I don't live downstream of this dam!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/...ks-potential-nemesis-president-trump-for-aid/

FUCK YOU, but help us when we ask for it. Typical liberal

jrsamples, XFBO and kangasj like this.
  2. mtcam77

mtcam77 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is the average CA liberal doesn't see the problems rough that. They just think we need to separate from the rest of the "un-educated", illiterate red necks.

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Emergency spillway is about 1500 feet wide and 30 feet high. Sounds like the erosion has slowed and they're planning on dropping rocks into it with helicopters to reduce the erosion. I've seen a couple of the local National Guard Chinooks heading north in the past hour. Outflow is double the inflow into the lake now so hopefully the water going over the top will stop in a day or so.....

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Water has stopped overtopping the e-spillway. Out at 100k cfs and in at 40k so the lake level is dropping currently. I heard the battallion of copter was six deep. That might be all they can run per cycle.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:crackup:

On a serious note, glad to hear the worse of it is over.

G 97, Fencer and jrsamples like this.
  6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Presently the worst is over. Well, maybe not totally. Another storm front is to move in tomorrow (Wed.) so they may be in deep water again. :eek:

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Yep, just like Texas and Louisiana last year.

8. Newsshooter

The next storm is supposed to be smaller and colder, so more snow, less rain. Current outflow is more than double inflow so it should be Ok.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Did the state's of Louisiana and Texas refuse to enforce federal law and offer safe harbor to those who do? I cant remember.

XFBO, sheepofblue and Fencer like this.
  10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Let ICE keep on deporting illegals, when the riots get bad enough it will be Kali's problem to deal with. More felonies and more deports. This should clean up quickly!

11. Newsshooter

We don't have enough people to pick/sort the fruit and vegetables as it is now. :)

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

We don't generally have enough water to grow the fruit and vegetables either.

13. Newsshooter

We have plenty in Northern Calif. :) I was watching the tide change at work the other day and then noticed the pumps taking water for SoCal were pulling the current the other way.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Pay more as there is a LOT of people unemployed around the country. Or innovate and create better processes. Or just bring back slavery like the Democrats liked and fought to keep.

15. mtcam77

mtcam77 Well-Known Member

Sure we do. Most of them are in LA or SFO in public housing or hanging on street corners waiting to cash the next welfare check or the next deposit to their EBT card but, the labor pool is here.

XFBO likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Of course they didn't. But why try and be objective.

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ya no shit. Dry up the welfare programs and people will get their asses to work. Eating comes in handy. Shit, I put myself through college working on a farm which isn't up much from picking fruits/vegetables. Well, except for the tractors and combines.... but I'll bet they don't get as covered with shit picking stuff as I did when working with the livestock.

18. Newsshooter

One farmer I know paid pickers more so he could get enough workers to get his fruit picked, that sure pissed off a couple farmers who weren't able to get their fruit picked when it needed to be picked. But that didn't work for packing the cherries. They would lose upwards of 100 people a day. Some leaving on a break in the middle of the shift and not coming back. They are putting in several million dollars in more automated equipment to help reduce the people needed for packing. The past two cherry seasons have had light crops, if they had been normal years they would have had to ship fruit to Washington state for packing as they couldn't hire enough people. It's a common problem in Ag around here since the economy decline. Lots of people left when they couldn't find work and they haven't come back.

19. beac83

What does this have to do with anything? And CA as a state hasn't enacted anything of the sort.

20. beac83

You say this like its current. You do realize that this was their position over 155 years ago, right? And hasn't been their position since, oh, 1860 or so.

And less than 40 years ago, the GOP supported a more progressive tax structure, Medicare and Medicaid, and Social Security - all things they are against now.