1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK Round 07 - Acerbis UK Round | May 27 - 29

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, May 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So compare a second tier world level series to F1, I'd bet you'll find the same thing. WSBK isn't as popular as GPs. No real reason it should be.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, it just shocked me that they had so few people show up, especially the Asia rounds.
    But since you brought it up, its tough to compare anything to f1 since gp2 would be second tier but they race mostly with f1. so looking at world endurance and not counting Le mans, it looks like they averaged 50k over the weekends.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, comparing series is tough. In a lot of ways (travel distance) you can't really compare MA to any other singel country series, you'd have to go more to a all Europe type of series or the like. World Superbike is it's own thing and hard to compare to something else too. I would think the numbers would be better in Asia too.

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Doesn't CE have that with 25 out of 26 in 2002? Does he still hold the wins in a row record with 9 that same season...also podiums with 25 in a row??

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Cam did phenomenal imo. Riders with far greater pedigree have done way worse jumping into a similar situation. Hope PJ can make this trend. He was under pressure almost every lap and kept it together.

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

It would be great to get some US money into the series. We have 2 maybe 3 guys now who under the right circumstances could win WSBK. Nicky, PJ, maybe Cam with a year to learn the tracks. 2 of those guys are young enough to build a program around.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd rather US money go into the US series first.

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Sounds about right (I'm too lazy to google it and come back here and pretend I knew the exact stats :D ).

I think that Rea will put the bike anywhere he needs to in order to win the title again this year.

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Cam did a great job in both qualifying and race 2. What's his contract situation with Yamaha? I'm sure his riding didn't go unnoticed by everybody involved/ all teams.
    I can't see Yamaha going forward (if health isn't an issue) without Lowes and Guintoli though, those dudes ain't chopped liver.