1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK Round 07 - Acerbis UK Round | May 27 - 29

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, May 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

What is the start time for tomorrow's race (stated as EDT)? TIA.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Race is at 10, don't know what time Bein's showing it though.

3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Actual (scheduled) race times (EST):

> WSS: 7:00AM
    > STK1000: 815AM
    > WSBK Race 2: 10:00AM

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They stream it live on bein sports connect

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Given his impressive start to race one and the weekend, it got me thinking, What would be a better "result" for Cam in race two, crash out of 3rd place with 5 laps to go or finish in 10th no crashes?

6. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="

Does Ant West get that ride full time now or what? P10 on that bike after an off track excursion is incredible![/QUOTE]

and he is doing it on the pedercini kawasaki, last time out first top 5 for the team, is this week the first dry top 10?? Some one needs to get him on a proper bike

7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Good finish for PJ. I was worried Krumenacher would get around him.

8. Joe Lopez

Joe Lopez Well-Known Member

Well...
    10th place for Booby in Race 2.
    Not to shabby if i do say so myself.

rocalotopus likes this.
  9. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

congrats to cam. solid finish in race two. surely a building block

RossK6 likes this.
  10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

How "sealed" are the engines? If Rea is hitting false neutrals, can the crew pull the side over to at least see if the mechanism attached the shaft (star and stopper?) needs fixing, or do they have to take an engine out of their allocation?

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  11. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Zx10's have cassette gearboxes so no need to split the cases. And even for bikes that have traditional gearboxes I don't think they're restricted in terms of changing out the internal ratios.

12. noles19

Damn they just released the attendance for world superbike for the year, and it's less then the attendance today at the indy 500..:(

13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Good job cam and good job Nicky.... Oh, and good job PJ!

Hopefully Cams weekend puts some more eyes back on him and other Americans.

They also said pre-race that Cam brought his MotoAmerica crew chief and Jake Zemke along for support. Love it

14. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I predicted after the opening WSBK round that Rea will shatter the record for most wins in a single season, and I was wrong. However I think he will set the record for most podiums in a single season by putting it on the box in EVERY race. The dude is playing chess while the field is playing charades.

15. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I think every sporting event on the planet has less attendance than the Indy 500...

16. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Top 10 on a new bike, new tires and track he has never ridden on a superbike.

I think this isn't the last time we'll see cam in WSBK :flag:

17. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

looking good!!

Attached Files:

18. noles19

Not for 7 events over 3 days.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's not really saying much. Attendance at the 500 (especially this year) is larger than the population a lot of entire cities.

20. noles19

True, but my point is that it sucks for a world level class to have 20k total people show up over 3 days.
    Moto gp only has 5k show up for Qatar but still averaged over 100k per event last year to put it in perspective.