1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working on one of the most exotic cars on earth today.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Feb 3, 2021.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

So some "poor" guy is going to be buying an expensive crashed car without knowing it. Great.

dobr24 and Gorilla George like this.
  2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What's the new buyer care....it was free money from his rocket GME ride.

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Not really sure where your hostility is coming from?

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

There's a youtuber named Tavarish who's going through an interesting experience rebuilding a crashed Mclaren 675LT. Apparently, Mclaren refused to have a dealer repair it, or something to that effect. Through some connections Tavarish got ahold of the main component that needed to be replaced, carbon fiber trickery support system. Apparently there was only one "in the wild" to be found. Some of these supercars are not considered rebuildable by the manufacturer, it would seem.

zx6rfool likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So fraud is OK?

Rebel635, Bloodhound, dobr24 and 2 others like this.
  6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I looked it up, 3.4 million? fuck.

7. cha0s#242

No hostility towards you, of course. Sorry if I sounded that way. You're just doing your job. I just find it special that a guy wants you to sign an NDA to fix a car when the obvious reason is to hide the fact that he crashed and possibly hide that fact from a potential buyer down the line.

Rebel635 and dobr24 like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The car is built around a carbon fiber tub. Depending on where it cracks, it may not be repairable to the original standards. Tavarish has lower standards. :D

I suppose you could replace the tub if you absolutely wanted to hold onto that car, but considering the depreciation on even a perfect one, it would make absolutely no sense. Now, a McLaren F1, you could have a seven-figure repair and still make money when you sell it. Like Mr. Bean.

stk0308 likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Welp, this thread is going to pretty much immortalize the crash, if it hasn't appeared elsewhere anyway. These super car crashes are pretty well documented on the 'net.

10. cha0s#242

Didn't Atkinson crash the shit out of his F1 ?

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

this one is 5 mili

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean it would kill resale value. So it's in their best interest that it goes undocumented.

~sent from mobile

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That would be Mr. Bean. :D

stk0308 and Jed like this.
  16. Translation: He wants to ensure his ability to fuck someone over in the future.

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Every damaged part on the vehicle would be replaced brand new in the event it doesn’t total. The vehicle will actually be re-assembled better than factory. By me. Trust me when I say that there are ALWAYS Mickey Mouse shit done to these cars upon assembly at the factory simply because they do not have the engineering prowess of major factories behind them. On this car I particular I’ve found busted composite mounting points. Butel tape filling gaps. Twist together wiring with shrink wrap. Etc.

imho the car would be better than before if we end up fixing it.

18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Every damaged part on the vehicle would be replaced brand new in the event it doesn’t total. The vehicle will actually be re-assembled better than factory. By me. Trust me when I say that there are ALWAYS Mickey Mouse shit done to these cars upon assembly at the factory simply because they do not have the engineering prowess of major factories behind them. On this car inparticular I’ve found busted composite mounting points. Butel tape filling gaps. Twist together wiring with shrink wrap. Etc.

imho the car would be better than before if we end up fixing it. So the concept of it lowering in value just because it’s been crashed doesn’t really make sense to me. But hey... I get it

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  19. I am sure you’ll do a good job. And it may indeed be “better than new” when you are finished. But that isn’t the point.

The only reason he would make someone sign a NDA and want it kept a secret, is so he can hide the fact it’s been majorly crashed.

If you were going to drop millions on a vehicle, wouldn’t you want to know if it had been shitballed or not?

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Like I said, I get it

Gorilla George likes this.