1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will they burn baltimore?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

For the most part, guns in Texas are not that big a deal. Well, except for our determination to keep the right to have them. Most of us look at them kind of like we would a good screwdriver. Just a tool built for a specific purpose. It's the fucked up folks in large inner cities that look at guns as something magical. :D

kangasj likes this.
  2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Yep, that how my ancestors got there. We were some of the first whiteys to settle there. Pioneers and all that jazz.

I left there to join the Marines at 18, and have only visited a few times since. I'm 48 now, and can't believe I've been gone for 30 years!

I do miss it it, and it will always be my home, but I just think I've changed to much to ever live there again. I hope I haven't.

3. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Auminer-

I know all about Cal Farley's. Two of my cousins grew up there. I remember when I was little going to rodeos there. Then, after my parents were divorced, my little brother just couldn't deal with it and he was spinning out of control. My Dad sent him there when he was 12 or 13. Broke my heart to see Dad do this to my Brother, and his Son. Bothers me to this day, and I am still a little mad at Dad for it. Keith did turn his life around and learned a trade while there, but I think he is still deeply hurt that his family basically abandoned him.

I don't know your story, but I'm really sorry that you had to go through that man. I hope you have had, and are having a great life now.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Your brother is Keith Oliver? He was 2 years behind me. Didn't really know him, but definitely remember the name.

PMing you

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thinking about this and I've decided after a lot of thought, I hope they don't burn Baltimore. A lot of lacrosse companies are based out of Baltimore and I'd hate to be forced to switch to Adidas and String King. :D

6. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

What you know about lacrosse?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some. Why, is there a quiz?

8. jase

LOL...No, I'm a lax fan. Played in HS and college. About the only sport that I can sit and watch all day.

Love the game.

Too bad the Terps lost the chip game, I wanted them to win.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We're a household of lacrosse fanatics. It's even over taken motogp this year as the must watch.

I'm saving the Maryland VS NC state games to watch for Friday night since I missed them both and have been purposely torturing myself.

My hobby now is trying to build the perfect (for me) stick. I nailed it with a Lakota U on a CF shaft with minimum flex and ECD semi soft hero mesh. The stringing ain't even close to being legal anymore but I don't give a rats ass. :D Tried a CEO with a high pocket on a more flexible shaft and it's an unplayable whippy mess. :crackup:

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Go Pack.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. Big car elevator to get to the basement and it'd be a great shop :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet again this place amazes me :crackup:

13. joec

joec brace yourself

6 devrees of the beeb!

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I know how you feel about leaving a place that's been your home since you were a kid. I'm going back to my hometown (Avoca Texas) this coming weekend for a homecoming and, in a way, I kind of do so with some reluctance since the last time I was there about 3 or so years ago, I sat in front of the house that I was raised in and actually cried a bit. It is vacant and run down and has been for years. The older I get the more I look back at my history and feel sad because I'll be leaving it before long. :(

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It's a Buick. :D

Potts N Pans likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You can't get home again.

and why would you, you left for a reason. :)

17. joec

joec brace yourself

Dave, that rings true to me more.and more every day.

18. jase

So you play or played?

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

played and my daughter plays now. I might look for an old fat fart league to play again.

20. jase

Never understood the rules of girls lax.

I played in the late 80's. Played middy in HS and switched to attacked in college. Played quite a bit after that as well. Stopped about 6 years ago, but still followed that game. Also coached in my town while my son played as well. Would love to go back to coaching, just dont have the time.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016