1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Ohio Legalize Pot

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Razr, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I disagree - no hangovers with pot.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hence my comment that alcohol was more damaging. MJ just makes the next day kinda fuzzy, not painful.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You certainly hear more stories about people behaving badly with booze than with weed.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Most of the time I see someone toasted and belligerent, they have usually been drinking in addition to smoking. Obviously there are exceptions, but the Doritos usually suffer the most from a MJ buzz.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And mine is alcohol takes more effort to use as a gateway since it does have an almost immediate downside.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People stoned get belligerent all the time, no clue where the potheads are always mellow lie came from but it's far from true. There are just more drunk people by a huge amount.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Must be something different in the cultivation now. There was much stupid back in the day, but not much fighting, unless it was over the last Dorito. Then again, maybe I am misremembering.

There are definitely a lot more drunks.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Remember the paranoid ones? Doesn't take much of a situation change for them to freak out full tilt.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The gateway argument is completely nonsensical. For one, most people smoke cigarettes or drink before they smoke pot. It's easier for some people to move on to more dangerous drugs because in the eyes of some people and the law, you're already a drug user and criminal.

I believe that if weed was legal nationwide, you'd see a significant decline in the use of other drugs.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Disagree on the significant use of others but pretty much agree on the rest. The issue now isn't remotely pot or even it being a gateway. The gateway is prescription opioids not pot. People don't bother with that penny ante shit any more.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IMHO (no specific evidence) the two biggest factors in moving on to other substances are: 1. Anyone inclined to smoke weed is probably the personality type that will push the limits anyway, and 2. the illegal nature of the drug puts people in contact with vendors that have more potent product to sell.

XFBO likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

True. That's one genie they would like to be able to stuff back into the bottle.

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Really? I've never seen anyone lose their shit on pot alone, and I live in California. Plenty of people smoking pot and very few social issues. People are still people, so the idiots will cause problems when they're drunk, high, wired, or sober. Weed doesn't cure crazy, but it doesn't cause it either.

I saw the paranoia thing happen once. A friend of mine visited last winter and decided to eat an entire chocolate bar that contained 225mg of THC. He doesn't smoke pot very often, so he was blasted off into outer space. It was a stupid situation and he freaked the f#ck out. He honestly thought he was going to die, and wanted to go the hospital. I was sober as can be so I offered to take him and used the car ride to talk him down. I eventually convinced him he wasn't going to die and we went back home.

That was the one negative experience I've seen in my life with weed, and he took about 10 times the dose he needed to get stoned. If he had 10 times legal limit of alcohol in his system, he would be dead. Actually, he'd be dead at half of that. That's how benign pot is. You can overdose by a stratospheric margin and not get hurt.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I agree to a point. Kind of shows how backwards the system is though. Opiods are killing people and turning them to heroin, and you can't use cannabis in most states even with a prescription.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agree on that one for sure.

My other posts aren't anti pot at all - just anti pothead rhetoric :D

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Exchange "smoke" with "abuse" and I agree with you. Plenty of abuse of legal drugs also. Alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, opiods, ssri's and others are killing plenty of people. Abusers will abuse whatever they can get their hands on. They have mental problems that laws won't cure.

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

For sure. Potheads are unbelievably annoying. This horse has surely been beaten to death, but they'd be much better off just being honest about their motives. Pot isn't medicine in most cases, it doesn't cure anything and you're not more enlightened when you smoke it.

I get to occupy an interesting place in this argument as someone who is very pro-legalization but doesn't smoke pot very often. Used to be never, but I admit that now that I live where it's legal, I'll partake once in a blue moon. The last time was a few months ago. I ate a pot cookie with a girl I was seeing and we talked stupid, ate tacos and laughed too hard at things that weren't that funny. Thank god the law is protecting people from such deviant behavior. :D

kangasj likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's the only reason Cheech and Chong have careers at all.

JBraun likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This is why you don't eat it.
    You can't control the dose.
    You can just stop smoking if you're getting too high, but once it's in your tummy, you're along for the ride.
    Especially not good for occasional users.