1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's racing and what you got?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by trispdtrip, Jan 23, 2012.

1. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Going to try and I have an '04 TTR125.:)

2. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Kenny's RS150R

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

:wow: Want!

4. ACDNate

100 for Mini-50
    [​IMG]

And working on the 150R to go to Mini-80
    [​IMG]

5. earacing

earacing Race Dad

6. ACDNate

Unfortunately, want and afford are too entirely different things. :tut:

7. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

I plan on running the nsr50
    and mabe a rs something

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have 2 125 pitbikes and am on the hunt for an xr80 to race up here in Calgary. To much fun to not race these little bikes.

9. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

KLX110, but thinking about buying an xr or crf. KLX is a great bike, but more stuff available for the Hondas.

10. ACDNate

The 100 is hard to beat for plentiful upgrades. The only limiting factor is your budget and imagination.

What's that want to make 20+ hp out of a 100? Google "Takegawa" and "Kitaco"

11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

GL in Formula 1? :D

12. ACDNate

If it wouldn't take 4 months to safety wire, and get a baffled look at tech inspection I'd be all over it!

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the 100 (and 80) motor just doesn't produce power per cc when built like the horizontal Hondas. You'd be hard pressed to get an honest 20hp at the rear wheel from one, even with Tak and Kitaco's help without some SERIOUS head and bottom end massaging. On the flip side the larger diameter tires and better rubber make getting around them a royal PITA even when I'm packing more HP. :D

[​IMG]

This is my baby for comparison. I'm still plotting a new motor for it after grenading this one spectacularly during practice for an NEMM race in Maine.

14. ACDNate

There's always a trade off. The stock head is the biggest limitation with the 100/80s. The horizontal engined bikes are a bit to small overall for my husky proportions :D

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Seems like there's more opportunities for close XR100 racing now too as lots of places have well policed SuperStock or SuperSport 'esqe classes for them than traditional pitties. With clamped rules the effort required to make fire breathing vipers out of the vertical mills goes away... I need a 100 to add to my stable I think. :D

16. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

I'm running a ysr with a xr 100 kitaco 145 kit. So where is everybody racing???
    [​IMG]

17. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Holy shit, you guys are for real about this.

I had planned on running a couple of rounds for fun but it looks like I'd get killed on my "79 Suzuki OR50....yes....I'm serious about running Mini's with it. :) Its my pit bike. It was at the GNF but I blew a crank seal while tooling around.

Here's your competition(not an actual pic of mine but close). GRRRRRR!!!!
    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=1978...&w=600&h=427&ei=e9MhT9DtJofv0gG24bDeCA&zoom=1

Just wait till I get sticky 14" tires and low bars on this bitch. lol

18. ACDNate

No worries, my 100 looks serious, but I'm old fat and slow. The OR 50 will make good backmarker competition for me. :clap:

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Your a pussy if you put low bars on it. You should also have to wear this:
    [​IMG]

20. earacing

earacing Race Dad

That's a sweet bike. I wonder what the weight is on that. Probably about equal to the RS chassis, but I'd give my RS145 the advantage in braking and suspension. :cool:

In SoCal:

www.minimotousa.com
    www.m1-grandprix.com

Of course there's WERA Mini's. The first couple gears are so low on the stock XR tranny I bet you could gear that thing to the moon and it would run pretty good on the big track. Probably wouldn't compete with the 150's but it would be fun to try.