1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's racing and what you got?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by trispdtrip, Jan 23, 2012.

1. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

would love to see you there. Looks like a lonely ride for me a Tally on the 18th. I am still hopeing that I'll be able to come out for one of your events. It will have to be in Ohio. Otherwise it's to far of a drive for me. If nothing else come out to Barber.

2. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

This is the whole point of Minis! :up:

3. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Cam said it!! That is the whole point! It's all about fun, and I have a blast no matter what place or what bike I'm riding/racing!

Hey, when is the Barber race??

4. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I've never raced anything but mini's so my opinion is probably misguided, but the thrill of beating the piss out of a bike not made for an adult and certainly not made for racing on asphalt makes it flat out a friggin riot. I can't imagine having as much fun on a larger bike that I'd be more concerned with sliding it down the track and doing $$$ in damage to.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  5. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

May 12th and 13th.
    Plus 1 on the fun. Since I started playing on the minis, my big sport bike has
    prety much been parked. I use to put 10 to 15k on it a yaer, and now I put less that 2k a year on it. I just have a lot more fun on my yxr:D

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Back inn '07 we had a blast with the mini series, and it was fast! McFadden, Gerloff boys, Stevens family, Scott, and a few others. And there was some serious racing going on. :up:

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Running a slow ass, stock XR100. Still good for giggles.

8. Cam Morehead

Miles, Ethan, and Jake. Lots of kids have gone through the mini thing.... and still are.

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

WoW...hard to imagine Ethan has been gone almost 5 years. :(

10. Cam Morehead

Godspeed lil man....

[​IMG]

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

My pit bike/Mini racer needs street tires that I cant seem to find anywhere. 3.50-15" and 3-14", Any have a source?

12. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

Pirelli makes a 14" called the viper,I had one on a xr70. It would work if your just looking for a street tire, but I would not use it as a race tire, way to hard of a compound.
    If your wanting to race it 12" or 17" set up's are the most common and easiest to find race tires for.

13. kanatuna

I will look into it. I'm not serious about the mini thing...just want to play on the pit bike. Figured I could enter a race or two. Dont wanna go through the wheel swapping process. Any modern tire has to be better than the 1978 bias ply...

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

i put 16in pirelli scooter tires on my 80. Dealer said they couldnt get the Stones. I was just goin to use mine as a pitbike but now yall are making me rethink. I believe mine are diablos, are they ok for racing?

15. Cam Morehead

I assume you got the 100/80-16" ? We used them and the grip was pretty decent. The problem we all had was crashing before ANY indication.... You would be following a pack of bikes and tuck the front with no warning..... We realized quickly that we were riding off the edge of the front tire... They will go up to 90% of the BT45's but when you need to keep up with the guys on the BT's.... be careful. The BT's will chatter and push before they break lose. It will take you a year of racing to wear these little tires out. We wear the rears out in 3 weekends just because we back them in... If you keep the wheels in alignment, you are set for a year. Have fun bro.

16. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

The diablo is listed as a performance tire and should do ok, I would ask stickboy about the Bstones. the 14" I used was an Avon viper not a pirlle my bad.

Tuna, I did use a kenda k413 scooter tire a few years ago for parking lot racing. It was a little slick but it was fun to make a mini slide around.
    I think they were under 35-40 each. Our local shop is closed monday, but I will be there working on the mini's so I will do a little research and see what we can find.

17. Shenanigans

Thanks guys.

18. kanatuna

Thanks man! The issue I'm having is finding one narrow enough.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

If it's no faster than my XR then anything round and rubber should work, not much drama on the tracks WERA races running 35 mph or whatever that XR runs. Even Tally is a huge track on the XR, 1:41s last time out and that was with that thing pinned. 13 seconds a lap slower than the guy in front of me (speaking of which, hey Nigel, where is my trophy? :D).

20. Shenanigans

Kurt, i'll race you for that sweet Depeche Mode cowboy hat!