1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who sucks more than David Sadowski at RR color commentating???

Discussion in 'General' started by Renaissance man, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Don Nees

Don Nees Well-Known Member

OK..., I'll offer MHO, don't normally get involved in this stuff..., but...
    1. Given the Motorcycle Road Racing coverage on TV, it's getting better (a lot better).

2. What I think (or thought) of Sadowski as a competitor has no relevance now.

3. I think he does a great job in explaining to a NEW TV audience the differences between the bikes and the team/rider strategies,and trying to do it so the NEW TV AUDIENCE can gain appreciation for our sport.

4. While he may not provide the commentary that the "Experts" want to hear, he IS making it interesting for the NEW VIEWING AUDIENCE, so they can begin to understand who's doing what and why...

5. Not to mention the fact that he takes every opportunity possible to mention the Privateers in a very positive light.

IMHO, cut him and his producers a break, I suggest that they are trying to establish a new market, and Ski is trying to educate a NEW AUDIENCE to the nuances of Motorcycle Road Racing.....

Look where "NASCAGE" came from!!!!!

Don

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually agree here, Ski is doing a decent job and getting better.

It's not the easiest job in the world to sit in a box with a bunch of video monitors in front of you trying to explain what's going on to people who have no idea why these idiots are out there dragging their body parts on the ground at high speeds. As long as he gets the names right I can ignore the other faux pas'.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Another thing that probably affects it is the fact that he is a roadracer and still gets excited about it while he's calling the race. That tends to make things a little difficult.

Also, at the races he doesn't just go to the factory trucks and talk to those guys. He walks around and talks to the privateers and offers encouragement and advice when solicited.

He has some faults but he has alot going for him too.

He's an experience roadracer not broadcaster. I'm cutting him some slack plus he was always very nice to me and the team I worked with so I'm a little biased. Did I mention that I've had him as a passenger on a bike I was riding? Okay so it was a pit bike but he is a former AMA champ. :D

Last edited: Jun 11, 2002
  4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I agree. Sometimes I think no matter WHO commentates theere will be whining around here :D

5. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

Yeah, but I get so tired of how far up the butt Sadowski is in Kurtis Roberts and Jamie Hacking. Birds of a feather I guess. I could be that I just don't really care for either of them.

Oh, and if he bashes privateers or mentions one more time how big of a guy Aaron Yates is, I'm gonna puke! Now Xaus in WSB is a big guy on a little bike! :D

Lee Fields
    LEEnSV #884
    Intrepid Racing

6. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

&&&, now how much was that I owed you again?? :D

7. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Don't you have some parts to sell or something? :rolleyes:
    Plus, I can't "sell out" twice in my life can I?? :eek: WERA wouldn't let me go for the TV gig. :D