1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who sucks more than David Sadowski at RR color commentating???

Discussion in 'General' started by Renaissance man, Jun 8, 2002.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

kieth huwen and julian ryder are the tops!!!

2. Rich Around

Rich Around Well-Known Member

Brian Brebber, Dave Despain, Peter Clifford and Chris Carter are my all time favorites.

3. I have to agree, but I don't think he is alone. Both of them make calls that leave me setting on the couch going what...you have to be kiddin me and then I LOL at them. I think the WSB guys do a much better job!
    Yah I think that wreck that Hacking had, hurt him more then he thought...I was waiting forever for him to spit it out lol. Poor guy can't get any breaks!
    I can't think of any commentators that would do better...well except for us guys/gals lol

4. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

Y'all are damn near hopeless... HA Ha ha! and really bored too, huh?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2002
  5. Rich Around

Rich Around Well-Known Member

Friggin A man, bored is the name. If it wasn't for my Newcastle Brown Ale and my right hand I would shoot myself!!! Watching CNN and they are saying; watch out for swimmers and divers! Our goddamn government needs to take a chill pill, please!!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2002
  6. the 2 guys on speed tv that do world superbike are pretty good now that they really dont have a brit like carl fogarty to suck carl nuts about everything in the world ........jeez thats all they used to do when he was racing.

That's because that production is aimed mainly for a UK audience, it's the one shown on the BBC. Charlie Cox is Australian, as was Leigh Diffey the guy who commentated on the series last year, Steve Parrish is an ex GP teammate of Barry Sheene, so that's why it sounded biased towards Foggy.

If you remember last year's US round it was Sadowski et al and all they talked about was the Bostrom brothers, it's just the way it is when the target audience has a rider from their country at the head of the field.

I've never heard Huewen and Ryder......but I haven't got a very high opinion of Heuwen, he's a bit of a tosser.

Sadowski really cocked up today, you'd have to be blind not to have seen on the replay of the start from Hayden's bike that he went flying off before the green came on. No-one else on the front row went, what would "Ski" have said if he'd been in that race? Be nice to hear a rider's view of the incident, maybe we can get an opinion from Lee Acree.

Saying all that, two things come to mind, they were held on the grid a long time and if you think the Speedchannel commentators are bad you should hear Barry Uttley, the guy who does the calling for the BBC on the British Superbike races he is really awful.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Nick Ienatsch(sp) was very good right up to the point he called a back marker an idiot during the Daytona 200 back in the mid to late 90s. After that you never heard much more of him during broadcasts. Probably a coincidence since they didn't televise too much back then. He probably makes more money riding and teaching at Freddie Spencer's school.

I could do it. :D

I do color commentary at the SE regionals right along with Mr. Microphone... I just don't do it where others can hear. We make a pretty good team. I comment as if I were in a tower at the back half of the track. :D :p

8. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

Marcus, dave is a crash expert.ha

9. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Hey John,

How ya been? Renate & I will be at TWS (CMRA) as spectators. Gotta let the bones in my foot heal. Will probably race the RPM TWS race that is right after that.

See ya,
    Marcus

P.S. Better get a sprint bike fairly quick if you want to do the GNF/Suzuki cup.

Marcus

10. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

I personally liked Sadowski's Alabama chrome comment last week. Guess what Marcus....ya don't want to hear Sadowski, mute the tv. They show who's where on the top bar.:rolleyes:

11. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I missed that one, care to repeat it?

I for one think Sadowski's pretty good. My one chance in front of a camera I completey froze: after 5 retakes they cut my part.

I often wondered if they get to do retakes for the MC races... I'm sure they don't for the live stuff.

I like the Brits better, but Ski's the best they've had in a while. He's has a lot of racing experience, and he's got good hair (the producers like that) :D

Plus he gives some mention to the privateers (Lee get's a mention almost every race).

12. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

I forgot who it was that crashed but he mentioned that they needed to go back to the pits and get some "Alabama chrome" meaning duct tape.:D It made me laugh.

Yeah, I guess they do mention Lee every time. I'm just thankful they show us the races. I rely on it most rounds!:)

13. WorldWarIII

WorldWarIII Member

Quick note - At Road Atlanta in 1999, during the lunch break of Dave's Road Race School, Ski went out and set up the suspension (sag/comp/rebound) of every students bike -probably 25 total. And he did it because he wanted to - not because he had to. And when I accidentally kicked his tape measure down into the drain, he just smiled and said "That's ok."

Summary:
    Daytona 200 winner 1990 - Ski
    AMA 600 Supersport Champ 1990 vs. Scott Russell - Ski
    Formula USA champ 2x - Ski

Quote of the Day #6:
    "I was speechless. How do you tell a nice guy like Mongo that he's beyond our help?"
    -Jenny Craig

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2002
  14. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Quick note - We're talking aboot his lack of announcing skills, not suspension setup you shleprock! :p

Dave sucks ass and needs to be replaced. Personally, I think Mr. Microphone could do 100 times better than Dave. I vote for Mr. Mic as the next Speedvision color commentator. He would do a great job and I'm sure you'd enjoy hearing him if you haven't been to a SE round or National where he's worked before. :cool:

15. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

you move to Canada of just lack skill at spelling?

you've been hanging around Brad I see... what did it, the Ron Jeremy image?[​IMG]

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

ceptin' he spelled it wrong. "schleprock"

17. Renaissance man

FWIW John Ashmead has an almost equivelant resume without a tenth of the support that Sadowski had.

The year Sadowski won the title, he almost blew it dicing with his team mate Stevens (Dumb). If I remember right Sadowski took both he and Stevens out with a bonehead move that jepordized the championship for V&H, and also somewhat sewed up the championship (as far as eliminating Stevens as a competitor). Not very classy move in any book. Russell was on an air cooled Katana. VERY IMPRESSIVE NOT.

Ski won the FUSA championships on the team LaBelle 900's with very waning competition as FUSA almost stood in pergatory during the last years of WERA hosting it.

I have never seen an individual more deliberately "punt" someone off the track in a very deadly corner that even comes close to what Ski did to Chuck Graves. (Note: this is probably the most defining thing I have witnessed about "Ski")

I don't think much of Sadowski as a person from what I have witnessed. He may be different from what I know of him. Like I said, anyone who intentionally punts someone off the track in a deadly corner won't ever mark high in my book.

As far as his commentating, I just can't believe that someone that raced as long as he did (talented or not talented), and yet he blows so many calls. But I guess since Vanson can sponsor the Star Boyz, then Sadowski is more than qualified to do his job. FWIW: He does have nice hair and an used car salesman voice.

Marcus

Last edited: Jun 10, 2002
  18. Renaissance man

I guess I'd want Sadowski on TV if he was mentioning my SO's name all the time (That would be cool if Renate was that fast :D).

No, he does have the California Hair and Used car salesman voice. Maybe he is OK. I'll work on getting the Starboyz off the Vanson sponsorship list before I worry about how crappy Sadowski is. :D

19. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

:eek: marcus, you have too much time ha ! you need to take a few hot laps ha..
    you need to let me sprint tha O...1000. HA :p :D :D :D :D :D

20. MikeM

MikeM Well-Known Member

Mr. Mic was a shoe in till the 'Greg White' look. One chrome dome per crew!!!