1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is watching Breaking Bad?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 11, 2011.

1. earacing

earacing Race Dad

The way they tie in the opening scenes is always interesting.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I had been asked before that scene who I thought the shooter would be, my money would have been on Mike or Walt. The new guy totally took me by surprise!

Those guys should play the lottery more often, by the way. It was amazing luck that the train was the perfect length to do the job where they ended up doing it. :D

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

What's even more interesting is that particular actor was in Friday Night Lights and was a total softy. Looks like he wanted a change of image. :)

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I was thinking... which church bus did this guy fall off and what happens if the cops or Hank catches up with him? When I saw him reach behind his back I was saying Noooo before Jesse. :wow:

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:stupid:

6. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

They knew the train information from the lady. It was on the train's manifest, and they measured it all out before they started.

I was betting with my wife that the guy Ben(?) was an FBI agent/informant. He just looked way out of place, and seemed to be getting extra attention in the scenes.

But unless he's a Donny Brasco type, I now seriously doubt it.

Anyone catch Hank noticing Walt's new Rollex and Car? That's not the kind of attention a suburban drug lord should be bringing.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I got that, but what were the odds that the distance from the intersection of the bridge was just what they needed?

8. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, that was dumb luck, but if you remember, Jesse was all excited when he saw the bridge after measuring the distance. But yea, what if the train stopped 50 feet before the truck?

I think the original plan was to just dig those tanks along side the tracks and hide in some bushes. The overpass was just a bonus.

I know it's just a TV show, but they were pretty lucky that the engineer saw the truck. I would imagine those long stretches of desert are quite boring to keep an eye on.

9. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

I know a guy who drives a train and he's told they know all the crossings by heart,so seeing something in daylight is easy unless your rounding a curve.He drives the same 200 miles several times a week

10. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

11. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

The holding the guys up and barely making the disconnect scene was a bit forced and really made no sense, but I can look past it since this show is so damn good .

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"Out burying bodies?"

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How did Walt not have a conniption when the dirt was falling into the methylamine tank? Isn't this the saame guy that spent a whole episode chasing down a fly?

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:bow:

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's what I thought also. And, wouldn't the water they were pumping into the tanker mix with the chemical they were stealing? Walt's greed will affect the purity of his meth, and I'm not buying that cheap stuff:confused:

16. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Walt covered that. Methylamine has a significant water content. So he can distill it down if he even cares about it ONLY being 99% pure.

The dirt falling in caught my eye too! Walts gonna have night mares.

Re pushing the chem steal to the last second for the last 50-200 gallons, I think they're trying to paint Walt in a much harsher light and showing how his ego is setting him up for a big fall. If he didn't get the full 1000 gallons he set out for it would have felt too much like a failure and he couldn't accept that. He was fine risking everything to get to HIS goal.

The train car stopping perfectly over the tanks was a bit lame, unusually contrived for BB. They didn't know where the amine car would stop when they dug in and placed the tanks. What if the car had been first in the line right behind the engines? What if there were fifty more cars and it was last in line? etc etc etc

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

First time I saw Jessie in an episode, I thought "That's Colin Edwards' twin!"

18. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Who is this "Colin Edwards" of whom you speak?

:D

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Boring episode so far.