1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which motard to roadrace?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Feb 1, 2009.

1. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

:up: if you don't think thats possible., oh well. if theyre getting mid 130hp's in world supersport. i'd say its possible to get close to 100 w/ the 5.5 in superbike trim.

2. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

you should know, you've got a one meeeelion hp yamaha.

3. colarbonemark

colarbonemark Well-Known Member

well a few years ago i think ktm bought husky, but i still think that the ktm's have a little better fit and finish, and besides there are probably a lot more ktm dealers and places to get parts from for the ktm than the husky, just my two cents

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

lol you are SMOKING CRACK i f you think the ape is putting anywhere near 100 to the tire.

lol, in stock form, its a neutered dog on my dyno at around 57-58hp.

a stock 560 smr makes about 54-56.

a stock 450 honda/yamaha makes aroung 48-52 depending on the brand/day.

i know that there is not any 550 aprilia out there that is making anywhere near the 100 hp mark. id be shocked to see 80.

i have dynoed countless motards at my shop and on supermoto junkie, take the numbers they throw out there and subtrack roughly 8-10hp.

lol i have never seen so many 60+ hp motards!
    :Puke:

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

fyi, get the ktm as they can be swapped/switched between displacement mosels all day long.
    hell the 400-560 engine platform is very similar and there are a TON of parts on ebay if needed.
    plus, all the different models from like 03-07 all interchange stuff.

hey aaron, of course YOUR APRILIAS smoke everyone.
    you got a cannonball crackehad ridin the dam thing.
    for ted, you need to remove a plug wire and make him earn it!

6. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

i didn't say at the wheel. at the crank. thats where the 70hp number came from.

and he said 525, not 560smr. i don't give a shit what your dyno says, a 450 mxer converted and a 525 off the floor are about dead even on the track.:up:

7. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I'd love to see a 550 Aprilia with 100hp at the crank, got a link?

8. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

like i said. 70 at the crank. if you don't think its possible to get 20-30 more ponies out of one fine. did i say i have one with over 100 hp? no. did i say i saw one with over 100 hp? no. am i that f*cking ama dude that has to post a link to state his opinion? no. did i even say i saw one on the interwebs w/ 100hp? same answer.:)

9. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

I don't give a donkey dick if the Aprilia makes 200 fookin hp.

I just want to see more (or less) of TheJames' avatar. :beer:

10. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

aprilia blah blah blah hp blah blah motard blah blah

the rest of the pic is something else:eek::D

11. ubermoto71

ubermoto71 Well-Known Member

I'm just telling you the number on the fuel injected bike (and I'll even look again tomorrow), but I also just don't see getting 50+hp out 610 with only jetting and a slip-on.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  12. ubermoto71

Wrong, Husqvarna is now owned by BMW, though still manufactured in Varese, Italy thanks to previously being owned by the Cagiva group before that. You are thinking of HusABERG.

13. ubermoto71

Yes, because Rob's not a KTM dealer or anything. :p

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

You'd be very wrong. KTM bought Husaberg. Who were the Swedish Husky people who didn't go with Husky when it was bought by Cagiva and moved to Italy. (clear as mud?)
    Don't know about fit and finish but there's definitely more KTM dealers than Husky. Husky may improve in the next couple years as the BMW money/management gets a handle on their situation. BMW bought Husky from Cagiva months ago. Tangled web, I tell ya!

15. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

That's a touchy subject. :Poke:

I'll let someone else chime on their thoughts first.

16. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

Care to venture a guess on an 450 SMR vs. The japanese?

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Pfft. Touchiness has never seemed to be a concern on the beeb before... Spill it!

18. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

seeing that the priller makes more horsepower that the 560, and its a neutered dog.... the 450 smr is probably a spayed bitch on his dyno.

19. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

forgot this guy---->:D

oops.

20. Heartsofoak441

Heartsofoak441 Zip Tie Alley

I say this guy will be on a CRF in about 2 weeks after his Aprilla blows up. There are lots for sale on SMJ all with like 200 Miles on them. I wonder why?

See where I come from conerspeed and brakes win races not Motors.