1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where should I move to?

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP1199, Mar 23, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

We got caferace.
    It has made me look at refugees in a much more favorable light...:D

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

But there is a difference. A dry 110º can be refreshed with drinking water; with a wet 110º, drinking is refreshing - and still necessary, but it also seems like adding fuel to a fire...or wearing a hot, dripping wet blanket - which is what clothes become. :D

I'm reminded of being on duty in the Gulf. 105º+/- at three in the morning and pourin' sweat just standin' around. At least daytime, when the temp went up, the humidity dropped enough to allow some evaporative cooling.
    God, that sucked.

Not getting water in either extreme is enough to make one postal.

I had entered a desert race (AZ), it was 114º-117º(?). Yzass went a couple hundred yards down to the start/finish line to watch. They called the race short due to the temp. I pulled up to my trailer, nearly desperate for water. She had locked it. I almost flipped the fuck out :mad: but needed whatever energy I had left just to keep standing conscious...and start strippin' off my gear. :D

V5 Racer likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah there is a difference. However, they still both suck ass and neither is more enjoyable than the other :D

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If given water, I'll take the dry any day. Less chance of being locked up for nudity. :D