1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where should I move to?

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP1199, Mar 23, 2017.

1. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

Beg to differ. 336, 337, 338 by Leakey (pronounced Lakey) is damn canyony. It's about two hours from me which makes it about three from you. Worth the ride, for sure.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You need a house sitter. I'll start in Sedona.

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Economically, the best move always was and will be to your parent's house. I know a few thirtysomething heroes working in call centers that can afford BMWs by living in their parent's basement. Psychologically and even sexually, I don't think it's such a good move though :D

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Funny it's frowned upon in some cultures but preferable in others for multiple generations of the entire family to live in the same house. By choice! Not necessity.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I know people in AZ will laugh at this, but I've been there when it's 105, and it didnt feel that hot to me...

I had flown out of 96 and humid. At least in AZ the shade or the breeze will cool you off! We were drinking in my friend's pool, and I asked why it felt so cold when I got out. "...because you're actually drying."

I would retire to AZ.

kjohnson and Phl218 like this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Left Phoenix on a Thursday afternoon for NYC, it was 112º.
    Next day, walkin' down a shaded street in 89º mugginess, I couldn't wait to get back to AZ.

rk97 likes this.
  7. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I'll be there all week painting. Have 2 spare mountain bikes.

Fyi we will be doing short term rentals to friends and family. HOA has stipulations that it can't be on VRBO.

8. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

At first I was like WTF is Leakey. Googled it and figured out why. In 12 years I've never been west of SA. Anything West of Cedar Park we call "The Hills Have Eyes Texas".

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't paint. I do require a 21" frame mtbk. Thank you. :D

10. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

Awesome replies. Yeah I want to leave California to get away from the ridiculous laws and taxes. Tired of giving my money away to greedy politicians. They keep raising taxes, the idiots here keep voting for it and we have nothing to show for it. I don't plan to change what ever place I go to. Just live a good life, pay for the common sense type of taxes, raise a family safely, and be able to enjoy my hobbies (riding motor cycles, hunting, shooting, sporting clays). So far I'm leaning towards Arizona, I have been to Prescott and love the weather and area, people seem to all have good common sense as well. My only concern is how close the tracks are. I would like something I can travel to easily for the weekend or a single day trip. I like everything about Texas but not so sure about the humidity/high heat. Virginia and Tennessee sound really good as well. NO WAY will I move to New Jersey. I think they are battling to beat CA with some of the ridiculous laws they have been passing. That pic of AZ roads looks amazing.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

NC, SC and GA are full and not accepting any new residents

12. MotoGP1199

You get someone like me or a refugee, its up to you :)

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Welcome to NC, Huntersville is very nice.:beer:

Riders Discount likes this.
  14. MotoGP1199

wow that was a quick response, ha ha

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Tough call, a refugee or a Californian...

16. Ninja

Ninja Active Member

AZ sucks ... 20 mph over the posted limit will get you a FELONY offense. NO TRACKS around - WSMC & Miller in Tooele, UT

Tenn & the Carolina's is the place to B

good luck,
    Page, AZ

or STAY THERE

[​IMG]

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well bless your heart.

V5 Racer and Shenanigans like this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree. I never knew that growing up, but moving out here to California, where there is a mix of everything, I've learned that. There seems to definitely be some benefit to that, especially if you get along with your family.

From 85-90 I lived in Texas and loved it, but had a job that required a lot of travel, so I went to a lot of different states. After some work in the Carolina's, I've always said the Carolina's were beautiful and someplace I wouldn't mind retiring.

If we ever leave California, I'm sure it will be to where ever the kids have settled down. I tried talking my wife into leaving before, mainly because of high housing costs, but she was raised here, so that won't easily happen.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Shenanigans likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

105 and low humidity isn't as bad as 95 and high humidity. However once it hits 110 or so it doesn't matter, every inhale is breathing from a hair dryer and it sucks.

kjohnson and V5 Racer like this.