1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gives and when?

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Barber Vintage Festival is on my radar next year!

TLR67 and noles19 like this.
  2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Doesn't help health insurance is more than my mortgage. And I have two kids that i need to support with health insurance. Alot more has changed than just the want to own a bike.

3. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

So you open a can of worms and not even clean up after you finish?

If you bring it up, you better be ready to discuss it, otherwise why even bother in the first place?

Very true, it is what I like to refer to as 'escalation', that created this problem. Horsepower wars (ZX12/Blackbird/Hayabusa/ZX14) then it was controlling the HP (TC etc.) Then came another horsepower war.......and so forth. But this is natural, progression and development are at the heart of our sport/industry as well as others. We have side control and ABS that works while you are leaned over.....all these things are derived from prototype racing. That's what also makes our sport valuable to society, it is through it that we are able to experiment and develop tools that can keep consumers safer and help lengthen racer careers.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Along with Austin... cracker!

Steeltoe and rowe748 like this.
  5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm sorry, was that a queef?

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

He thinks Vintage Fest is a bunch of old ladies and he'll finally he able to score...

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

@metricdevilmoto

Attached Files:

Prospect likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Once you go gray you never go back.

9. Dusty Muffins for breakfast.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He couldn't get laid in a morgue.

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Once you go Toe ... you never go Toe again :D

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't like where this thread is at this point.

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So no 3ft screwdrivers or an actual answer to what happened?

track wagon likes this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I dont think its the price of the bike so much as the requirement to have other friends that want to spend that kind of loot.

Lets say you have $12k burning a hole in your pocket, had 4 friends you wanted to hang with, and have a good time on the weekends? A boat would be the answer to that dilemma. If you had 4 individual friends that needed to be in control... then mostly theyd all be on PWCs. :D

Side by sides seem to sell.
    ATV parks seem to have good attendance.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Insurance man. ATV's, dirty bikes, and SxS's don't usually get licensed or insured. It's one thing to buy a bike. It's an entirely different story to spend an additional $300/mo to insure the bastard. Why do you think Geico and Progressive have so much money to spend on all those tv commercials?

Gorilla George and stk0308 like this.
  17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Is insurance really that much? That has to be with comp/coll. I have multiple sport bikes insured and I only pay about $250/ year but that is just liability. Even when I had full coverage I never remember it being much.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you in your late teens/early 20's?

track wagon likes this.
  19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I am not, but I was at one time. I was also in the insurance business (no longer am). Times must have changed.

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

That's nuts. I pay right around $200/month for my house, an umbrella policy, 4 bikes, and my boat. All have full coverage, not just liability. I am in my 40's though, I know that helps. I did insure one or two bikes when I was in my twenties though an it was no where near $300/month.