1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gives and when?

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Dec 13, 2018.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Save the popcorn. I don't do beeb drama. They can clear it up if they want to. I have nothing personal against anyone at RD. In fact, we've got a few mutual friends who speak quite highly of them and I even reached out when it became clear what was going on.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

:Poke:#justsayin

ClemsonsR6, badmoon692008 and stk0308 like this.
  3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Part of the problem I see is that everyone "wants a deal" on all their parts and accessories. Deals don't always keep the doors open. When there is overhead and staff and stock to carry, making $20 on a $100 part isn't going to cut it in the long run. I know that not everyone agrees with that, but reality is keeping to doors open costs money. And nobody should be working for nothing.
    Not saying that this is what happened here. Just a statement in general.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

riiiiiight...

ineedanap likes this.
  6. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

You may not “do” beeb drama, but you certainly created an opening for drama to develop and continue... ;)

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Shark is my favorite animal

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I love Lamp.

Gorilla George and Jedb like this.
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Doo Doo Do Do Do Do

cha0s#242 likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hun, what do you mean they blew up the rider's discount? Who's they??
    what the hell is an aluminum falcon??

cha0s#242, zrx12man and YoshiHNS like this.
  11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I'd go more specific and say dancing shark at superbowl half time is my favorite.

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It a fancy statue that came from Malta. It causes people to do all kinds of silly things.

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Landshark!

15. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Fuck you and that god forsaken song. :D

I'd like to know why they went out of business, at least make sense of why. It seemed like a great company, at least the way it was represented by TJ and everyone else. Shocker for sure from someone on the outside looking in.

cha0s#242 and jasonhise like this.
  16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I agree with this. The guy that works on my bike wild for the machine. I always pay full price. Sometimes I give him extra to thank him. The only deal I get is he pushes me to the front of the line when I need stuff.

418 likes this.
  17. alan

alan Well-Known Member

If you didn't want the drama you would not of brought anything up. I've said it before to someone else on here that it is comical that people feel the need to let everyone else know that they have inside information but can't or won't discuss it. Yet they bring something up to imply that they do know something.

Seems like girls High school drama... You created the drama by posting.

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I forgot how good that was

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Back on topic, but only for a few, all the dealers are screaming sales are down. I can see that. But it's wierd. Inflation is a real thing, I get that. But when I purchased my first Honda cbr f3 in 98 brand new from the dealer, it was 5500 bucks out the door. Now 600s are almost 12 grand. Really? It's the manufacturers fault really.

The street guys who have never any intention of being in a track, don't need factory quick shifters, auto blippers, electronic suspension, traction control, wheelie control and all that bullshit. Get back to building bikes, for the average bike purchaser and bring the cost back down. 5 years ago hell even 10 years ago, this was stuff that racers were buying to add to their race only bike. There is not one street rider in my opinion other than lethal rog, who actually can use it on the street.

Stop being a factory race shop.
    That's what race shops are for.

ex419, VFR#52, 5axis and 8 others like this.
  20. alan

alan Well-Known Member

MSRP on a 1998 F3 was approximately $7500. MSRP on a 2018 CBR650F is $8749. This is the closest model for comparison. That is not much of an increase in 20 years. The first year for a CBR600RR was 2003 with a MSRP of $8599 and a 2019 MSRP for a CBR600RR is $11799. Still not much of a difference in 16 years.

I know you mentioned out the door price on the F3 and for a comparison to that, you could buy a New 2016 CBR600RR this past summer for $8600.

All the Japanese OEMs made multiple versions of 600 sportbikes during the peak times (FZR600, YZF600, R6) at a wide range of MSRP's and when the sales weren't there they got rid of the that model. So this left the one best selling model and guess what it was, the most expensive and most advanced model at the time.

Not saying its not the manufactures fault but there are a lot of others things that are and were in play that have hurt sales.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.