1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Vintage 2006

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Yamaha Fan, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

The SR500 with be a threat in V2, I'm not realy sold on the idea but whatever is decided, ok.

I do however think the SR500 should be allowed 610cc for F500, this will allow those stroker cranks from powerroll. Its a 2 valve head single cyl , it won't be a class beater with the mod.

(No, I don't own one)

Bob:beer:

2. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

For once I agree with you that it should be across the board if Disc are approved.I was just saying why let them update to newer set upswhen you still have guys running drums but your thought on letting drums run v-2 is a good one.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Okay I had to plow through 29 pages on this thread to see what
    the deal is for vintage, so...is it time yet to get prepared for next season? How about getting some friends to join in the fracas?
    Work overtime to afford some new treads and castor oil?
    Let's get up for this forthcoming 2006 season and make it a real good one ! And while i'm on this, i don't want to see any bullshit changes in Formula 2-Stroke or Vint 3, cheaters and whiners
    (not winos) will be taken to strange foreign places and left there.

There's also a lot about 2-Strokes, well, don't leave them in he garage or in the pages of E-Bay, drag one out and get in on the fun, the smoke, the vibration...

Your only true friend,
    The Transporter

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

When was a B50 ever made with a disk? A Triumph 500? What kind of rule is "allow disks only for bikes that came with them"? Can I change to a four leading shoe or am I stuck with the 2 shoe conical piece of ____? If I can go with a Fontana replica, why not a period disk? The other rule "suggestions" (are they suggestions or have rules been changed?) smack of pure performance indexing - period and bike type mean nothing. Past experience indicates that such actions lead to impossiblity of enforcement, i.e., perputal protests and teardowns. I'm at a complete loss - I don't know where to start . . . .

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

david,
    i proposed that gp500 bikes would bump to V1. same bikes you already race against in V2. and still drum brakes. 250gp is gone beacause of lack of participation and i finally won a #1 plate in that class but fact is few people were showing up. what are your thoughts of running V1 and 500gp and having the manx still bump to f500?
    and of course single disc in V2 which you would be a spectator in?
    seems like a great way for you and buff, eric john and the rest to have some really good racing.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  6. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

oh and yes i do have a single disc V2 bike ready to go. as does macaulay and a few ahrma pukes...uh friends.:)

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate some more please.

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It was not as bad as you think Scott

9. phantom 309

Been there done that right,!!!!

10. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

hmm.....well a couple of tracks i was the only 250gp rider nd at tally there were two bikes om the track combined a gp500 honda and myself. there are other guys th

11. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

12. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

been where done what?

13. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

so allow single disc across the board in V2 makes sense from an enforcement standpoint and like i said before you guys get to bump to V1.

14. phantom 309

What ever suits you guys best.I don't give a rats ass.we just need bikes to race with but I don't believe this will help any but anything is worth a try.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  15. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

your just trying to lure us unsuspecting two-stroke riders into a false since of security. so now you get to race against f250 type bikes on the same bike you won f500 races with........................................................im going to kick your ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!figuritivley(sp) speaking of course!:)

16. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

Are there any changes for the ds7 in 350 GP for 2006? I Need to start getting ready for Nashville.
    By the way Scott, Ill be sleeping in your drive way that Friday night.
    I can't handle the 3.5 hour drive and 10 hr race day and then the drive back. Getting old I guess. :D :D :D

17. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Because of parts availabilty and to keep enforcement questions to a minimum all V2 bikes should be allowed to run a disc brake system with period components. Good quality, new parts are available at reasonable prices and you don't have to worry where your next set of pads is coming from. If the RDs (and some other bikes) must run OEM parts to comply with the SuperStock rules, so be it, but parts availability for them will be a problem sometime in the foreseeable future.

Using V1 as the bump-up class for the drum brake GP bikes (other than the Manx's, etc) is a good idea.
    Lyn Garland

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WERA Vintage 2006

Not this year. Let me sort through the other stuff first....

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It wasn't?

16 total people raced that class all season in all regions. 16.

Of those 16, 4 only ran 1 event. 6 ran 2 events (2 of the 6 ran the GNF as their second event). 3 ran 3 events. 1 ran 5 and 2 people actually ran 6 and the GNF.

That's not bad?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the discs - all bike will be able to run period disc brakes, that's a done deal right or wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.