1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Vintage 2006

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Yamaha Fan, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

GOOD CALL.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's good. I've spoken with Scott about this before. He was speaking from his experiences. I was pointing out to him there were other events where there were more than 2 bikes entered.

How many people raced 350GP on 350 machines only, all season, all regions?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummm, you realzie that the 250GP machines being competitive in 350 isn't helping your side of this dicussion right?

There were 21 riders total, most of who also ran 250GP, the winner of the championship did so on a 250GP bike - so now why does 250GP need to exist?

4. Robin172

My calculations might be wrong but I totalled 16 scoring riders on 350s in the 350 championship.

The winner of the 350GP championship wasn't riding a 250.

Using your argument, look at 500GP. I calculated there were 19 rounds in which there was a 500GP race. Ten of these were won by riders on 350GP machines. In 2004 the 500GP championship was won by a 350GP machine. Why does 350GP need to exist?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It doesn't but I'm trying to be nice and not nuke the GP stuff all at once. Odds are good that at some point it's going to have to be merged into just one class.

6. Robin172

I thought there weren't supposed to be a changes in classes for 2006 or did I not read that on the BBS?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I siad it but got overruled by the person that paid for all the trophies that didn't get picked up. She let me keep 350 though so I'm calling it an overall victory.

8. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

maybe you could consider probation since your not going to fill that race with a new class.
    you buy trophies only for the regional and national championships.

9. Robin172

I don't think that will work Scott.

10. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

Robin!!!

11. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

...................im listening austin.:)

12. Thumper540

Thumper540 Well-Known Member

SR500's in V2

I have printed out the results sheets for F500 and V2 and compared them to the top finishers in V2. At any given track there is no more than 1-2 seconds difference. I have sent this information to Sean and STRONGLY suggest that the SR500's be allowed in V2. Building a 610cc SR is ridiculous... At 540cc they go through cylinders like toilet paper.

The RD'S have made winning F500 extremely difficult with a 10-12 hp disadvantage. I've been racing the SR500 for 20 years and I am not whining. In the old Clubman days the class was all four stoke singles and the racing was great. The class is no longer competitive for four stoke singles.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everything I've seen jives with the above, anyone disagree?

14. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

Re: SR500's in V2

But they are still 8HP more in stock than the CB400 and five years younger so let them in V2 but restricted to SS rules the same as the RD in SS.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly don't care what they're like compared to the CB400 - and we're going with normal V2 rules on it anyway. I can see being able to build a faster CB than the SR.

The RD is the only restricted bike for now (unless I'm forgetting something, my notes aren't with me).

16. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: SR500's in V2

Dave, sean has already said superbike rules for the cb400., not super stock.

17. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

good call i think.

18. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

sean,
    what about the 500gp bikes going to V1 i emailed you about?

19. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

But would the SR be in SS. Sean the CB will not be faster than an SR or RD. It weighs a ton and has a tendancy to break rods when you try to open the envelope some. I know, I have owned these since 1976 and also blew them up at VIR the last two years

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As a bump up - works for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.