1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Endurance in 2013

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by gpstar748, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

None that have come to us through anyone that would actually know.

2. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

Summit point for next year??????

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No idea yet.

4. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Big'un said Summit BETTER be on the schedule!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Littl'un don't scare me ;)

6. It would be doable. Would just need to be off of work for a good bit of time, have the finances/resources for travel, need team mates willing to do it and it would probably be nice if you had a place to stay during the trip and once you arrive to avoid a ton of hotel fees.

Hey, wait a minute... :D

7. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

The last three seasons I took as many bikes as we could fit in my big trailer (48') to Miller, saving other teams the drive and time while helping me pay for the fuel cost.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah I think you've gotta do it that way. And Miller would be great to ride on, but with the way things are in the series, it still doesn't entice me all that much.

9. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Is it safe to assume I need to find a new ride for next year :( ? I think pops said you guys sold the big trailer, and you may not be back next year :down:

10. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

That's what he keeps telling me.

11. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Yeah, I sold my big trailer shortly after Miller.
    Far as next year, anything is possible...
    Pops’ having a blast doing the Cobra thing, i.e. using all the shop space and I'm too busy to work on the bikes as needed.

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

We gotta work on your priorities.

13. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Leadville 100 Sir!
    Plus, you might need a rider or two.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  14. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Im just waiting on the green light to slut myself out for 2013.

I wipe my own ass and fully capable of drinking cheap beer!

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

:crackup:

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Don't you did that every weekend anyway?

17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

During the 4 hr endurace weekends can we have a 2hr 250 endurance if we can get enough entries?

:D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure, but you won't....

19. FZR 473

FZR 473 Well-Known Member

If we were ever to get enough entries for a 250 Endurance race, I would hope and pray it would be a separate event! I am sure the 600s and 1000s get scared enough catching the current LWs on the straightaways....the 250s would be downright terrifying! I speak from experience on just a SV in the LW combined Expert/Novice practice....but that is for another topic. But I would like to ride a 250 one of these days!

Regarding the Endurance schedule....the rumor going round RA was it was going to be 5 rounds for 2013. I will take a stab/guess at the tracks and dates...I have 4 but can't nail down the 5th:

Roebling - March
    Talladega - April
    Road Atlanta - June Cycle Jam event
    Summit-Last weekend in July/Early Aug
    Road Atlanta - Sept/Oct- I hope this is not the case. I like RA but not twice.

Evelyn and Sean have already stated we are not going to Miller for the Endurance but they will have Sprint racing there next year.

My biased vote for the 5th is VIR but I know VIR may be too expensive (see below).

Or for the 5th -Barber, GNF weekend - I heard several Endurance teams saying they were not going to the Barber GNFs to Sprint since we did not have an Endurance race. I do think the GNF should have the Endurance race as part of the program but I do understand the track cost issues (see below).

Would a required minimum number of teams pre-registering (and paying) for the Endurance race help with the higher cost tracks? If you do not reach a minimum number, it would be cancelled. Is this feasible? Just a thought.

ok...lets hear your guesses on the the 5th and where and why?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I won't allow a 250 out with the big bikes.

I don't want Road A twice, actually think that while this weekend was fun it still wasn't our best choice of setup for Road A. I'm leaning towards the GNF at Barber, not sure on Evelynes thoughts yet. I want to see how things go this year and then look at adding in the Endurance if it all works as I hope it will.

Rest of the guesses are absolutely what I'm thinking but torn on Roebling, I know some of our Endurance teams either run or help out for the 200 and the date we've got is the same weekend again, I've asked and they can't move it.