1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Endurance in 2013

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by gpstar748, Jun 18, 2012.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

What are the chances WERA will keep the 4 round schedule or expand it a bit?

Any chances to bring Summit Point back?

My teammate and I want to come back to WERA next year with our team but like the current shortened schedule in terms of overall cost.

Obviously it would be nice though to have at least one round in the Northeast that is close to home...

2. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

bring back Summit and VIR

3. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

And Roebling.

4. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Bring back any track so there is more than 4 rounds.

5. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

6. FZR 473

FZR 473 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I should emphasize again.

We cannot come back to WERA if there is 8 rounds again. Just too much cost involved.

If it is 4-5 rounds I am certain we will leave the Team Challenge stuff and come back home, to WERA, but really would be nice to have at least one round in the northeast.

I cant understand why Summit AND VIR went away when they usually had some really strong turnouts for endurance.

Anyways, just my thoughts on it....

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can see expanding it one round but not a lot - not without some sort of major sponsorship so we could have purses for the teams and money to pay our bills. For now the boss is committed to keeping the series going, I've always been the Endurance nut in the office so I'm of course all for it.

Summit and VIR didn't have good turnouts the last few years.

9. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Yes, my personal favorite for endurance.

10. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Roebling makes a lot of sense. I'm sure there are good reasons but its disappearance from this year's calendar didn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially with two RA events. I would think Road Atlanta would be considerably more expensive than Roebling. It seemed to me like the endurance grid at Roebling in '10 was pretty sizable.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Popularity with the sprint racers is a factor since they pay the bills for the tracks, lots of rider at Road A means we can afford to do an Endurance, not a lot of riders at Roebling means more sprints will help pay the bills.

12. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

We need a race in the west...all the way west! :Poke:

13. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Sean, I am sure I missed it, plus I know the track cost a ton to rent, but wouldn't a Barber endurance draw a big grid? A 4 hr combined w/the GNF would rock.

14. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

If you add one more next year: add Barber at the time of the GNF.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not the Endurance grid and no, Barber really didn't draw an appreciable number more teams.

16. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

Add Laguna Seca as an endurance round!!!

:crackhead:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Is that a good HA or a bad HA???:D

19. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

Any chance for a 12 hours race (and double the points) in 2013?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

At this point no idea but it's something we always talk about.