1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Endurance in 2013

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by gpstar748, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Speaking of 250's...Sean- any word on Honda paying on the CBR next year? Also, I'd love to see payouts for more than just the SE region. Sorry to say you lost a few bucks from me a few weeks ago since your Beaverun round didn't pay but your competitors series did.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No idea on Honda yet sorry.

3. Tristan

Cool, no hurry. Ideal situation for me would be a weekend with a 250 $$$ race, a 250 endurance (whatever length) and/or a regular endurance (on my or another MW). As much as I love Barber and RA I just can't see making that trip for one (paying) sprint race.

4. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

They are paying at MotoSeries ..... From what I hear

5. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

I'm for Roebling. I'd rather race than go help at the 200. Pretty sure most everyone else feels that way.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For 2013 which Honda hasn't announced for anyone yet or are they assuming it'll be the same?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll keep that in mind. Actually thinking maybe a later Roebling as a possibility too. The March one worked really well with the setup we used last year, it's hard to mess with success.

8. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

For two endurance rounds at Roebling in a single year... think I'd do cart wheels and back flips. Maybe even buy the first keg for all the endurance teams :cool:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, huh? Where did I say that was a possibility?

10. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

You didn't. Was just thinking out loud again. Found humor in it. Keeps my day going. Don't worry... unless the bike blows up I'll be hitting every endurance round next year regardless of where they're scheduled :up:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Okay, thought maybe I typed something out wrong.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm (obviously) not the biggest fan of Grattan, but it's a relatively safe track (when sealer isn't laid down) up in this part of the region.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Question - given the series (National as well) is mostly southern based, is it safe to say most of the teams are from the south? Looking at results, it looks like 7 teams have competed in every endurance race so far this season.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, kind of scattered - even more so if you look at the riders on the teams.

15. Tristan

I'd Loooove to see endurance back at Grattan, 250's or not.

As for Honda $$$, that "other org." has stated that they have spoken with Honda and they will be paying again in 2013, payouts are "assumed" to remain the same.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've had that same conversation with Honda - but until things are in writing I believe none of it :D Actually I believe it but I won't tell you guys it's a fact until it really is one, I've seen way too many budget cuts that happen between the planned contingency and a real program.

17. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

How about the same type setup as the last Tally round? With the combined sprints, it seemed to run smoothly and looked like a great turnout.

I guess you do miss out on some revenue that way, though... just thinking out loud.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, separate sprint days pays bills better. We've got some ideas though, just have to get the schedule closer to done then flesh them out as we see what our options are.

19. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I really like Grattan as well, would be fun endurance wise.

20. PAPAPIRANHA

PAPAPIRANHA Well-Known Member

How about doing saturday 2 hour endurance races at regionals like we did in the 90's ?