1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA + Dunlop + N2 Endurance

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Hmmm Superstack class, must have had a pro license and be super fast. That class would be stacked with talent.

Rising Sun, JJJerry and BigBird like this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

No, I think it is that you have to ride stacked up with both riders "stacked" on the bike at once. Maybe "Superstack" would be 3 riders at once?

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

A transformers class....so very interesting...tell us more

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Someone say Wendy's double stack!

backbone and Shenanigans like this.
  5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Pro/Am class! Team must consist of a MA license holder, WERA Novice, and Track-Day I-group stud. Parrish's contingency program would get busy pretty quick.

rcarson15, BigBird, Dave_SV and 5 others like this.
  6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Some comments from a long time endurance racer that has done about all of the N2 events.

If you want to get some new blood and add a class, add a novice class. All riders to be novices, yellow plated bike, maybe no quick fill? I am sure some of the newer racers can be a bit intimidated when they look at going up against a team like AOD that's been doing this for many years.

Other than that, no limits on who the riders are. One of my WERA "moments of pride" was a 6 hour we were in at Road Atlanta where Kevin Schwantz rode with a team on a bone stock GSXR 750, started on the last row, and his team finished third despite changing wheels with stock hardware and filling their tank from gas jugs. Let the fast guys and the AMA kids in and let them have fun. The only thing I would like to see is the team rosters should be published somewhere so the team rider counts can be watched. Teams with lots of riders take away from the team aspect of the sport, and I would be glad to file in a protest for that kind of thing. Pick you team at the beginning of the year and live with it.

Limiting gas tank size? OK if you are starting a series, but that's not what's happening here. A lot of people already have their big tanks, and then someone has to figure out how to accurately measure capacity.

No superstock (or superstack for that matter). The more rules there are, the more policing needs to be done. Superstock starts calling for engine tear downs, and interpreting every detail and how it meets the rulebook. When my friend Dan Schmidt won a 600 SS endurance championship he was protested several times on things like how far the gas cap opened or how the fender was bolted to the front forks (he had some tricky bits that helped with fuel and tires).

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I've read some very good stuff on this forum over the years but this post makes so much sense but yet is funny as shit, well done!:bow:

JJJerry and Rising Sun like this.
  8. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I'm happy to fill in for the I group stud, references available