1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA + Dunlop + N2 Endurance

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 22, 2020.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

$100K purse available for a 2021 5 round Endurance Series

Awesome!!!

Friday Track Day, Saturday Endurance, Sunday WERA Sprint Racing
    ------------------------------------
    Dunlop to title Sponsor the 2021 N2 National Endurance Series by Dunlop; Series purse over $100,000.

Media, PA – May 2020 – N2 Track Days is proud to announce a multi-year agreement that will make Dunlop Motorcycle Tires the title sponsor of the N2 National Endurance Series. The series will consist of five rounds that will include the 4-Hour National Endurance Series Race and a 2-Hour Ultralight Endurance Race. The series will be officiated by WERA Motorcycle Road Racing and each event will have a N2 Track Day the day leading up the event.

“...This partnership with Dunlop is a big step toward achieving this goal. Together, we are putting up a cash purse of well over $100,000 for a five-round National Endurance Series in 2021."

The five rounds are tentatively planned to be held at Roebling Road Raceway in Georgia, Summit Point in West Virginia, Carolina Motorsports Park in South Carolina, Pittsburgh International Race Complex in Pennsylvania, and Baber Motorsport Park in Alabama. WERA will be officiating each Saturday Endurance event with a N2 Track Day on each Friday and WERA sprint races on Sunday. The complete schedule with specific dates will be out soon.
    There will be many more announcements coming soon concerning specifics on event dates, classes, rule changes, events schedules and purse payout.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    evakat, SundaySocial and TurboBlew like this.
  2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I just saw this - and looking at a CMP round (my back yard!). It has me thinking of giving it a try with my SV. I just need another rider or two near my weight - anybody over 250# out there?

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

That's interesting, I wonder if this affects N2's Pirelli tie-up.

4. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

I hope not

Dom17 and rice r0cket like this.
  5. Chip

Chip Registered

Who wants to go race endurance next year??? Woot!!

ghetto customs, rugbymook and evakat like this.
  6. tdelegram

I think this is going to add several bike to the grid which is good for endurance racing, adding a club division would add even more bikes. There’s a lot of riders out there that want a chance to win and won’t compete because the top teams are stacked with pro’s. I know my team won’t commit to a full season on the hope that the pro’s break or wreck so we can sniff a podium. If we had a club division without purses my team would be in for a full season and I suspect others feel the same way. Call me a bitch if you want, but paying to loose by 10-20 laps doesn’t excite me.

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

243lbs

8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

sub'd

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Why does the release have a date of May 2020?

10. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Agreed...how about a Seniors class for us geezers? ;) Perhaps a pro (i.e, racing for money) and amateur (no money) classes? Of course can't have too many groups/classes or it becomes an everybody gets a trophy situation...
    I like the connotation that the 2 hour ULW might get to run at Barber next year...
    Guess the current announcement is just a teaser..be interesting to see the "specifics on event dates, classes, rule changes"...hopefully sooner rather than later

Side note...odd timing of release...during the endurance race (or just slightly before)...

sbk1198 and tdelegram like this.
  11. Chip

Chip Registered

Org - Here's $100K to go racing!

Racers - TYPO!!! Look TYPO!!!

Lol......

I missed spelled Barber too. Sorry.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    ekraft84, VFR#52, StaccatoFan and 3 others like this.
  12. Chip

Chip Registered

There will be several communications over the next couple of months to clarify the details. We wanted to get the big stuff out asap.

Why is is odd to make an announcement about next years Endurance Series at the last round of this years Endurance Series? Rob is at Barber and made the announcement in the riders meeting. The PR went out about 2 hours later.

VFR#52, DucatiBomber and BigBird like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did that with the trophy class for a few years and no one wanted to run it....

There is no reason you'd lose by 10-20 laps in MW or LW classes.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless we can get more than 8-10 ULWs it's not worth taking the practice time away from the sprint racers at this point but anything is possible.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I do like the timing but you beat Rob by a good hour or more :D

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Sounds like the perfect place to get some ex-twins cup youngsters throttle time on a 1000

t11ravis, noles19 and Chip like this.
  17. tdelegram

unfortunately I race an 18 R1 set up for endurance and sprint racing and it’s my only race bike. I love endurance racing but have to be realistic, I have no issues just sprint racing and only doing one or two rounds when they fit. This issue is one that ccs suffers from too, as an expert competing against pro’s in a club race, and have no delusions we are club racers and ccs and Wera are club racing orgs, it is frustrating. I guess the pro’s don’t want to go compete at the world endurance level races, spend money and get beat?

asab1728 likes this.
  18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I hadn’t thought about riding a 1000, but if you really think so, maybe.

Gino230, t11ravis and BigBird like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm confused, what pros are running endurance that are an issue?

20. Chip

Chip Registered

Stay tuned....