1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA + Dunlop + N2 Endurance

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 22, 2020.

1. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I need to confirm this to be 100%. You can use any tire brand and still be eligible for the $100,000 contingency?

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

It took me quite a while to come to grips with Pirellis after several years on D'lops. I'm just getting comfortable and now we're going back.....They're out to get me!!!!:eek::D

3. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Jack,

Is Dunlop going to be the exclusive tire at N2 trackdays? The Pirelli’s have grown in me too.

4. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

That is my understanding. They already have a Dunlop vendor coming to the last event at Barber.

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yep, on the site now too.

upload_2020-10-28_21-34-3.png

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Spec tires at trackdays? Or club race for that matter? WTF

7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

No...

8. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

That would be awesome to go through track day tech and fail because your brand of tires. That orginization would last about as long as the weekend :crackup:

It is a good move on Dunlop's part to get track day guys on their tires, so if they get to racing they will hopefully stay with that brand. I think it's part of the reason why a lot of guys that predominately run with N2 are on Pirelli. It sucks they only have one tire vendor at their events, but I understand why they do it $$$$

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think part of it is just to make sure they have a tire vendor at all of their events. With orgs that don’t have an official vendor, sometimes no tire vendors show up.

Rising Sun likes this.
  10. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

The other challenge for the vendors is cutting the pie into too-small of pieces. How many track day riders go through one set of tires a weekend, much less two or three. If a track day has 1/4 the number of customers as a race day, how can three tire suppliers make money? If there is no money to be made, then why show up?

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Reading comprehension is tough.

Rising Sun likes this.
  12. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

Does anybody know the answer? Thanks

Rising Sun likes this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

No shit right?! Reading some of the responses on here...JFC some of you are some dense MF'ers. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Rising Sun likes this.
  14. Wheel Bearing

You are only eligible for the singular $100,000 payout if your name is Tom and you ride a '18 R1.

tdelegram likes this.
  15. backbone

backbone scarred for life

The Conti tire vendor at 316 Trackdays has sole advertising/banner rights but allows any tire vendor to be at the track.
    Because Conti ain't skeered and believes in competition. :)

Razr likes this.
  16. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

I'm interested in supporting this endurance series and maybe put together a contingency plan for paint work to winners in each class for each weekend. Appearance isn't everything but it helps the series look good when big sponsors come in to help at which leads to more exposure.

Thoughts?

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I believe in supporting the brands that support the series. So.. if you offer contingency, I’ll send my stuff to you.

noles19 and mpusch like this.
  18. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

That guy is a dick

Jester_, rcarson15 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  19. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

That is a great idea!

20. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Any update on the possibility of superstack class?